Parking brake - auto release ..... sometimes! - Page 2 - Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes - myTiguan Forum

Photo

Parking brake - auto release ..... sometimes!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   nelnun

nelnun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • My Tiguan:Track 170PS
  • Where are you located?:Portugal
  • Additional Location Information::portugal

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

Try to auto release hand-brake like you usually do (clutch + accelerator) but with no gear engaged  :|

I think that this bug was fixed in the tiguan facelift, don't know|

Tiguan Track 170 2010

608440.png

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 07:32 AM

#22 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1418 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 Match 177 DSG 4M
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Llandeilo, South Wales

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:22 PM

Daughter came round today for daddy to fit custom number plates; anyway she has a 2016 golf manual (which has the EPB) and whilst moving it this thread came to mind. Tried several variations and proved it's simply the clutch switch that releases it. In gear, not touching gear stick or accelerator, clutch half down, it won't start: clutch all the way to the floor, it will start. Not changing anything, but bringing the clutch up, having moved the pedal less than an inch up the EPB releases. This is repeatable.

So, if you come to a stop, engage EPB, and only press clutch down past the bite point to engage gear it won't release the EPB. You need to push the clutch to the floor. I'm not saying this is your problem, it could still be something else causing your issue, just my observations.

Richard. OFC ®

2015 Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies, caravanner.

#23 OFFLINE   chrisdut

chrisdut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • My Tiguan:65 plate Rline 184 BHP DSG Mk1
  • Additional Location Information::Chester

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

Daughter came round today for daddy to fit custom number plates; anyway she has a 2016 golf manual (which has the EPB) and whilst moving it this thread came to mind. Tried several variations and proved it's simply the clutch switch that releases it. In gear, not touching gear stick or accelerator, clutch half down, it won't start: clutch all the way to the floor, it will start. Not changing anything, but bringing the clutch up, having moved the pedal less than an inch up the EPB releases. This is repeatable.

So, if you come to a stop, engage EPB, and only press clutch down past the bite point to engage gear it won't release the EPB. You need to push the clutch to the floor. I'm not saying this is your problem, it could still be something else causing your issue, just my observations.

Just to let you know, a 2016 golf has a newer system of EPB than a Tiguan (unless its the new tiguan), on the new mk7 golfs you don't even need to have the drivers seat belt on for the autohold to be active either

Just little old moi in Cheshire 

#24 OFFLINE   Beagler

Beagler

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts
  • My Tiguan:Tiguan SEL 2ltr TSi

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:52 PM

Just to let you know, a 2016 golf has a newer system of EPB than a Tiguan (unless its the new tiguan), on the new mk7 golfs you don't even need to have the drivers seat belt on for the autohold to be active either

Suprised in my new Tig that I didnt need seat belt on to move car and put auto in N and car will roll.
New in Sept 2016, SEL , AWD, DSG, 2ltr TSi, 180ps, Tungsten Silver, Vienna Leather Black, Discover DVD nav pro, Dynaudio Exite sound pack, Keyless Entry, Head up Display, Elec Tyre Monitor, Progressive Power Steering, Retractable Tow Bar, Park Assist with rear view camera, Mats, Mudflaps. Door Trims , 5yr Warranty.

UK,
Interests, Christian, Guitar.
( Everything goes to Entropy.... in this Age).

#25 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1418 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

Chrisdut, mea culpa, I've got cross threaded! Got it in my head this related to the latest tigs, not the older ones. Beagle, that surprised me also, got so used to the tig (and Passat before it) insisting I was belted before letting go the EPB.

Richard. OFC ®

2015 Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies, caravanner.

#26 OFFLINE   Beagler

Beagler

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts
  • My Tiguan:Tiguan SEL 2ltr TSi

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

Chrisdut, mea culpa, I've got cross threaded! Got it in my head this related to the latest tigs, not the older ones. Beagle, that surprised me also, got so used to the tig (and Passat before it) insisting I was belted before letting go the EPB.

If I fiddle the brake when I stop the car creeps in D this means the clutch is dragging. Whilst it may not be a wear problem I put it in N at lights but have to keep my foot on the brake as the autohold disengages in N
New in Sept 2016, SEL , AWD, DSG, 2ltr TSi, 180ps, Tungsten Silver, Vienna Leather Black, Discover DVD nav pro, Dynaudio Exite sound pack, Keyless Entry, Head up Display, Elec Tyre Monitor, Progressive Power Steering, Retractable Tow Bar, Park Assist with rear view camera, Mats, Mudflaps. Door Trims , 5yr Warranty.

UK,
Interests, Christian, Guitar.
( Everything goes to Entropy.... in this Age).

#27 OFFLINE   CromDubh

CromDubh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • My Tiguan:2.0BMT Sport 81KW TDI M6F
  • Where are you located?:Ireland

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

I have a recently acquired 2014 2.0TDI .

Still learning.

The Auto Hold is an ongoing source of aggravation with each explanation muddying the waters a bit!

I would like to put Auto Hold into "Always on" mode and see how it goes from there.

My problem is that I can't find it in my settings menu.

Is this because it isn't relevant to my particular model or have I managed to erase it?

If so what are the consequences of pressing "Factory Settings"?

Somewhere between of little consequence and disastrous, I expect.

Thanks for any thoughts.

#28 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12156 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 - 2.0TSI R-Line
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

Still learning.

The Auto Hold is an ongoing source of aggravation with each explanation muddying the waters a bit!

I would like to put Auto Hold into "Always on" mode and see how it goes from there.

Is this because it isn't relevant to my particular model or have I managed to erase it?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Welcome to our forum CromDubh. Why not say hello in our Introductory Forum so other members may welcome you aboard? At the same time you will not need mod approval going forward.

Cheers!

Old Dog

Current: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior. Driver Assistance Package (Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Traffic Alert, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Rear Cam with Area View 360 and Remote Start). R-Line Package (19" Trenton Alloys, Heated Steering Wheel, R-Line Door Aluminium Sill Plates and Stainless Steel Pedals). Pics >>> https://www.mytiguan...ew-2018-r-line/ .

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: https://www.mytiguan...></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: https://www.mytiguan...-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#29 ONLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5334 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 TSi R-Line (3rd Tiguan)
  • Where are you located?:New Zealand
  • Additional Location Information::Alexandra, Central Otago

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

FWIW my 2013 model did not have a reset in any menu, it was actually simpler than that, switch auto hold ON and leave it switched ON and it stays that way (after restart). Switch it OFF and it stays OFF in the same way, so completely simple.

Be aware I’m posting this reply from my phone so can’t see where you are in this world but assuming (because you have a diesel) you have a Euro model rather then North American, the above should apply ...... I hope lol.

Cheers
Derek

OFC member (Old Farts Club)
3xTC member (3 times Tiguan Club)
Alexandra
New Zealand
http://www.alexandra.co.nz/
2017 TSi R-Line, full leds, leather, Discovery Pro, adaptive cruise, adaptive chassis etc etc.

#30 OFFLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1658 posts
  • My Tiguan:Sport TDI auto 2009
  • Where are you located?:Portugal

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

Many things are configurable, like driving off and auto release without seatbelt

#31 OFFLINE   DougS

DougS

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • My Tiguan:2010 Sport 4Motion 6speed
  • Additional Location Information::Midlands

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:14 PM

Still learning.
Thanks for any thoughts.

My 2010 Sport MFD has a hidden menu, hold the menu rocker switch for several seconds and it opens another menu. My Auto Hold was always off on starting the car. In the menu I found an option to check a box to keep it on permanently, and it actually works.
2010 Sport 4Motion,

#32 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 1418 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:26 PM

There are some differences between original and facelift models, this obviously being one of them. My 2015, behaves as others have mentioned with 2013 and 2014, all facelift models. I also have come unstuck on the mk2 forum in the early days as they've changed the way many things work on the mk2.

On the facelift autohold simply retains the state you set it at, set it on, it stays forever on, set it off, it stays forever off. 

Richard. OFC ®

#33 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:37 AM

Wish US Tigs got auto hold in 2013. It was removed at the facelift interval and isn't plug and play.. have to run 2 wires from the fuse panel on constant and one switched and 2 wires to the ABS, and a firmware flash to earlier software is needed to get it functional.
Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST..

Find me on Instagram @IggyTheTiggy

#34 OFFLINE   Stiguan4Motion

Stiguan4Motion

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • My Tiguan:2016 SE 4Motion
  • Additional Location Information::SoCal

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:52 PM

Wish US Tigs got auto hold in 2013. It was removed at the facelift interval and isn't plug and play.. have to run 2 wires from the fuse panel on constant and one switched and 2 wires to the ABS, and a firmware flash to earlier software is needed to get it functional.

I had it on my Passat. Very rarely used it, even with a manual transmission.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Current: 2016 SE 4Motion/ Gen 1 EA888 2.0T (CCTA)/ 6-speed Tiptronic

Mods: APR Stage 1| DDM Ultra 5500K D3S| VCDS Tweaks| Neuspeed intake with AEM Dryflow BruteForce filter| Neuspeed RsE012 18" wheels | DDM interior LEDs

Past: 2008 Passat 2.0T 6MT, 2002 Golf TDI 5MT, 1988.5 Toyota Camry V6 5MT, 1984 Corolla 3AT

VCDS HEX+CAN Located in Orange County, California

#35 ONLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:31 AM

I had a loaner with it and with my bad hip loved using it in traffic so I didn't have to hold the brake all the time. Getting to be a 3 hour trip now to make my trips 60 miles south to Seattle for Appts. Occasionally i can blow thru in an hour but if it's a mid day appt. You sit in traffic. It stinks.
Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST..

Find me on Instagram @IggyTheTiggy

#36 OFFLINE   tiguan326

tiguan326

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • My Tiguan:Tiguan 2.0TDI Match 4Motion
  • Additional Location Information::Durham

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:37 PM

So on my Tiguan the following needs to be true

* Doors Shut

* Seat belt on

* Engage Reverse or 1st for the direction of travel

* Raise the clutch pedal about half way, the electronic parking brake will stay on.

* With the clutch half way, blip the throttle pedal and the epb will go off.

Essentially the Tiguan needs a blip of the throttle pedal to disengage. We also have a Golf and that just needs the clutch to be raised with seat belt on and doors shut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users