VW Tiguan Forum banner

Say Hello

2M views 2K replies 542 participants last post by  NZTIGUAN 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all

Welcome to myTiguan.com, the community web site for owners and enthusiasts of the Tiguan from Volkswagen. Say hello here, let us know if you've got a Tiguan, or have one on order, or just like the look of them.

Please remember to provide some details about your vehicle (year and model are a good start) as it helps the members answer your questions. Your location is useful too - who knows? Help may be just round the corner...

'Additional information' about your car near the bottom in the signature area will also help. It only takes about 30 seconds to do - and it's nice to show off the spec of your pride and joy!

Adding a Signature:
What you have to do is scroll up to where your username is and click on the down arrow. There will be a slight pause and then you will see a new screen showing your profile. Now, up in the top right-hand corner you will see a button "Edit My Profile", click on that.

Another screen appears and on the left you will see "Change Signature". Click on that. Now you can fill in the info you want to show under "Edit Profile" and click on save changes. You can always go back in anytime to revise if it's not how you would like it to appear.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
  • If you haven't, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they may have been asked before. Remember, 'Search' is your friend.
  • Please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
  • New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last.

See the myTiguan world map here.

If you want to post pictures on the forum many members use Photobucket. Some information about how to use it is posted here.

Don't forget that new members will have their first posts approved by a moderator before the become visible online. Please be patient and allow up to 24 hours for yours to become visible...multiple posts will not speed up the process.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello all,

We're new to the forum (my wife and I!). We're UK based in Oxfordshire.

We are looking to buy a VW Tiguan.

The Tiguan is going to be for my wife as her daily driver (GP) so she needs something modern, reliable, good on fuel economy, large enough for a family (future plans!), tall enough that her parents (ageing!) can get in and out easily and will cope with the Snow and Ice for when she's on visits to patients.

After having her current car for the last 8 years from new, this has to right from the get go as we'll be keeping it for a while.

The spec that we've settled on (more her choice obviously) is 170bhp TDI, 4 Motion, Climate and Cruise Control, no more than 10,000 miles from new, not an Escape due to the look of the bumpers, parking sensors, Front Fog Lights (even though they're not fitted on the Match) and Cherry Red or Acapulco Blue. Other than that, anything goes!

We've already test driven a very clean Cherry Red 2011 'Match' which had everything apart from Cruise Control and was sensibly priced but from what we've been told by the salesman, a dealer fit cruise control is not an option.

Today we travelled over 140 miles to Colchester VW to view another 2011 'Match', this time in Acapulco Blue which had been listed as having Cruise Control and Climate Control. I phoned the salesman to confirm that it had both of these extras which he confirmed. Excellent.

Just to put you in the picture, my wife actually spoke to the bank and her insurance company so we could have walked away today with her 'new' car. Obviously from the way I'm writing this... we didn't!

Imagine our dismay when one of the first things that was very obvious was that it does not have Cruise Control! Even the sales board inside the car listed it as having Cruise.

I had already starting inspecting the car (used to work for Porsche/VW/Audi as a Technician) and had already noticed that the front bumper has many stone chips and also looks to have been painted once as the OSF of it doesn't match the OSF wing perfectly in colour. There is also a little too much paint on the corners of the bumper for my liking... a bit of a give away.

We walked away very despondently as we had another 2 1/2 hour journey home.

We very much like the Tiguan but we're struggling to find the perfect spec to meet our demands.

I noticed while reading earlier that the R-Line doesn't come in Acapulco Blue or Cherry Red. While I can understand it with the Blue (I prefer the Biscay Blue), I see this as missing out hugely on the Cherry Red.

Great Forum, loads of great info (as we've both been reading plenty of it) and the hunt continues.

MG

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello all

We've already test driven a very clean Cherry Red 2011 'Match' which had everything apart from Cruise Control and was sensibly priced but from what we've been told by the salesman, a dealer fit cruise control is not an option.
welcome a good luck in your search. Not sure that the dealer was accurate about not being able to fit Crusie Control for you on a 2011 spec Tiggy. One of our members (Brian from Dunfermiline) has recently had his fitted after quite a long wait for the bits to be available from VW. So you could still check that out.

#3 ·
On behalf of all the members of myTiguan and all the OF's I'd like to welcome our latest member Mojo. Good to have you aboard mate!

Cheers!

#4 ·
hello

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
to the forum Syncro and thanks for joining. Why not also help populate the Tiggy World Map; link http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=338335&x=-70.3125&y=-1.4061&z=15. For the time being you can put in the description you are looking to buy a Tig. Once you have one you can update with all the info. including a pic and/or video!!!

Here are a few links I found for you concerning retro-fit cruise control (CC) by using the search function located in the top right-hand corner. Selecting a forum search I input 'cruise control'.

http://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?/topic/2649-retro-fitting/page__p__22567

http://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?/topic/1873-new-tiguan/page__p__22354

http://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?/topic/2730-retro-fit-cruise-control/page__p__23382

Cheers

#6 ·
Hi synchro I got my R line in November after watching the VW uk website for months, waiting for the spec I was after.when I found one I just went into the local dealership showed it to them on the website and within 3 days they had it so I could give it the onceover and test drive.
if they want a sale or the commission they will get it for you, well they did for me and I'm well chuffed with what I got.

#7 ·
Although they haven't popped in to say "Hello" yet, I noticed LaLevrie and AI65 joined us today.

to the forum and thanks for joining myTiguan. Why not also help populate the Tiggy World Map. Here is a link to it: http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=338335&x=-70.3125&y=-1.4061&z=15 . To add a marker just click on the "Additions" tab and select either 'Add Marker - Simple' or 'Add Marker - Detailed'. FYI: You can also zoom in/out using the slide bar or the mouse wheel.

Given that this is an international forum it would be a good idea, if I may suggest, putting where you are from and a brief description of your Tig in your signature when you first post. This way people will be able to see what you have and then reply with quick and accurate responses to any future questions you may have. Give a look at other members' signatures to get an idea of what people have.

Other tips and info have been included above in post #1 by CovRob. Take a minute to have a look which may save you time in the long run. For example: instructions to add a signature are included there.

Cheers

#10 ·
Congrats, the BIG day has finally arrived. Look forward to seeing a pic or two of your new Candy White Tiggy.

All the best.

#11 ·
Well, three new members joined while I was in slumberland.

Welcome
to the forum tiguan12, mac and simhead. Why not also help populate the Tiggy World Map. Here is a link to it: http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=338335&x=-70.3125&y=-1.4061&z=15 . To add a marker just click on the "Additions" tab and select either 'Add Marker - Simple' or 'Add Marker - Detailed'. FYI: You can also zoom in/out using the slide bar or the mouse wheel.

Given that this is an international forum it would be a good idea, if I may suggest, putting where you are from and a brief description of your Tig in your signature when you first post. This way people will be able to see what you have and then reply with quick and accurate responses to any future questions you may have. Give a look at other members' signatures to get an idea of what people have. Instructions to add a signature and other tips/suggestions are included in post #1 by CovRob.

We look forward to hearing more from you and hearing about your Tig, or future Tig. Don't be shy now, drop a line.

Cheers

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, we had a good day today here at myTiguan. We saw our family grow by 5 new members.

to the forum doc72, tiguansobza, AndyBourne, GaryLaughton and last but not least TheGoose. Now, why not also help populate the Tiggy World Map. Here is a link to it: http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=338335&x=-70.3125&y=-1.4061&z=15 . To add a marker just click on the "Additions" tab and select either 'Add Marker - Simple' or 'Add Marker - Detailed'. FYI: You can also zoom in/out using the slide bar or the mouse wheel.

Given that this is an international forum it would be a good idea, if I may suggest, putting where you are from and a brief description of your Tig in your signature when you first post. This way people will be able to see what you have and then reply with quick and accurate responses to any future questions you may have. Give a look at other members' signatures to get an idea of what people have. Instructions to add a signature and other tips/suggestions are included in post #1 by CovRob.

We look forward to hearing more from you and hearing about your Tig, or future Tig. Don't be shy now, drop a line.

Cheers

#15 ·
The forum gets bigger and better, thanks OD for your map initiative too

#13 ·
Hey,

A new to-be owner of 2012 tiguan highline. Just ordered it on monday and was told it might not arrive to us in canada until june. Just got a call today and it will arrive in four weeks. Im more excited about the tiguan than my wife, who will actually be putting on 95% of the kilometres in it lol.

See you on the forums

TheGoose

#14 ·
welcome aboard!

Hope you enjoy the exchange of info and general good hunoured banter on here. As for your comment "Im more excited about the tiguan than my wife" I think that goes for all of us men on here, the Tig's much more excitng than our wives". Methinks a "skating on thin ice" parcel will arrive from my old fart friend Warrior for that one!

#19 ·
Well, we had a another good day today here at myTiguan. We saw our family grow by 4 new members this time.

to the forum nike, sinc2K, 434543mka and last but not least trista01. Now, why not also help populate the Tiggy World Map. Here is a link to it: http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=338335&x=-70.3125&y=-1.4061&z=15 . To add a marker just click on the "Additions" tab and select either 'Add Marker - Simple' or 'Add Marker - Detailed'. FYI: You can also zoom in/out using the slide bar or the mouse wheel.

Cheers

#20 ·
+1

#21 ·
Hi everyone,

Just discovered you via good old Google. I'm waiting for delivery of a 2012 Tiguan - due in June hopefully!

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions....particularly around the auto hold brakes!!!

Reactions: Barefoot
#22 ·
well hello there sonic, glad you found us and welcome aboard the best Tiggy forum on the planet!!

Have you put your marker down on the world of Tiggys map?

#25 ·
Yesterday we had three new members join our forum.

to the forum Dillabough, Lobo, and last but not least with one real original name gogovdubgadget. Now, why not also help populate the Tiggy World Map. Here is a link to it: http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=338335&x=-70.3125&y=-1.4061&z=15 . To add a marker just click on the "Additions" tab and select either 'Add Marker - Simple' or 'Add Marker - Detailed'. FYI: You can also zoom in/out using the slide bar or the mouse wheel.

Cheers

#26 ·
Hi Everyone

As required, I'm just posting the customary introduction.

I'm based in Shoreditch, London and I've had a Tiguan Escape since January. It was spec'd from new with DSG, 17" Tunis Alloys, Deep Ocean Blue, Cruise, Parking Sensors with Park Assist, 230V socket, MDI, Mirror Pack, Storage Pack, XDS Diff Lock, Bi-Xenon lights.

This car replaces my MKVI Golf GTI which my wife found to be too powerful and being shorter than me and a new driver, she didn't like the driving position so sadly the GTI had to go. The Tiguan didn't quite cut it for my petrol head tendencies so I got a Cayman R and my wife chose the Tiguan although it was my preference and I specified it.

I've been impressed with the Escape and realise that the aesthetic of the front bumper doesn't work for a lot of people although I must say, it's bliss being able to drive over speed humps without a care. The CR has to be eased over everything at 5mph for fear of grounding the front splitter so my enthusiasm for the 'snout' is probably exaggerated as a result. I was worried that as our daily use car, it would be a bit dull after the GTI (which I remapped and tuned to 265bhp) but it's got good pickup and is very capable off road. In truth, I've always liked VAG build quality and coming from Africa originally, I was raised on a diet of Toyota HiLux (Land Rover recovery vehicles) and Mercedes.

I have the VAGCOM cable and Elsawin setup so the additional level of interface into diagnostics and being able to customise the vehicle to my own tastes also appealed and was a good reason to stay in the VAG family. One of the things that did surprise me is that for a vehicle that cost more than the GTI, it didn't have climate control as standard nor does it have a gas lift on the bonnet open.

Anyway, enough talk, here are a few pictures:

Taken in North Yorkshire National Park

Fitted with Thule Slidebars and 591 bike carriers for the mountain bikes.

Look forward to chatting Tiguan with you all in due course.

Thanks

Alex

#32 ·
Hi Everyone

As required, I'm just posting the customary introduction. One of the things that did surprise me is that for a vehicle that cost more than the GTI, it didn't have climate control as standard nor does it have a gas lift on the bonnet open.

Look forward to chatting Tiguan with you all in due course.

Thanks

Alex
great pics Alex, and welcome aboard. two things would be good: 1) a signature as this is a global forum and 2) a marker on the TIggys in the world map!

#27 ·
Hi all new to the forum from USA, Pittsburgh. PA Have been a vw owner since 2000. Just picked up the latest one 2 weeks ago 2012 Tiguan LE FWD. I work for VW at a dealer so hope to hear from all of you. If you have questions I'll try and be of assistance if I can.

#33 ·
great news and welcome to the forum

#28 ·
Just added my marker to the Tiggy Map!

#39 ·
Hi to you too there Seby and
to the forum and thanks for joining. Not only have you already posted 9 times, I see you have helped us populate the Tiggy World Map. Good job.

Given that this is an international forum it would be a good idea, if I may suggest, putting where you are from and a brief description of your Tig in your signature for future posts. This way people will be able to see what you have and then reply with quick and accurate responses to any questions you may have. Give a look at other members' signatures to get an idea of what people have. Instructions to add a signature are included in the pinned "Say Hello" thread under the New Member Introductions Forum.

Cheers

#31 ·
congrats! Howzabout adding a signature so that we all know where you're from and the spec of the car you have....that'll help folk with any queries you have as this forum's GLOBAL! Also, stick your marker on the Tiggy map of the world..........and finally post a pic or tow of your new arrival to make us all green with envy

#35 ·
Hi All - 1st Post just to say hello

Just ordered a Tiggy (as per my Sig) last weekend from VW Inchcape in Southend, Essex - told I'll have to wait until about August
You know when you've made your mind up, you just want it straight away
But, can't complain, got a great deal off them, after showing them my spreadsheet of all the online prices and trade-in deals

I was blown away by the cabin & boot space for a "compact" 4x4, and the rear legroom is phenomenal for a car in this class; it smashes the rear legroom in my current Lexus IS-250.

The test drive was also very impressive, we went for miles, taking in some high speed, some very rough roads, and some tight cornering. I didn't find the Sports ride too harsh at all, and liked its sure-footedness.

Look forward to reading some good advice & tips in here, and I'll post progress on build & delivery etc., when I get the first estimate.

#36 ·
welcome, and you're very savvy, savvy to be buying a tiguan. enjoy your time on the forum and also you might want to add a marker on to the world Tiggy map! 10/10 for adding a sig. in your first post

#37 ·
to the forum savvy and as forkbender awarded you a 10/10 for adding a Sig, I'll have to do likewise and award you a 10/10 for joining the Tiggy World Map.

Congrats on your order of a new Tig and now starts the waiting game. Good things come to those that wait.

Cheers

#38 ·
I'll add to the growing thread. Hello from Milwaukee, home of Harley Motorcycles, Miller Beer and a new 2012 Tiguan SE.

This is my FIRST ever new car (I won't say how old I am, but I know my friends have been through several at this point
) and I'm thrilled with it so far.

I'm a bit jealous of the guys that feel comfortable modding their vehicles ... I'll follow along vicariously. I've got a wish list ... maybe if I see someone accomplish it, I'll get the nerve to give it a go (or, you know, hire someone to give it a go)

* Remote window roll down / up
* Automatic headlights
* KESSY Keyless Entry (I'm dreaming here, I know)
* Homelink-like garage door opener
* Back up camera

In any case, look forward to taking part in the forums!

#41 ·
Make sure you all check out the OFF-TOPIC area TODAY for some "other" new membership info .......... well a very OLD member in some ways (or so we're all led to believe) BUT gaining new status !!! Look under "New Moderator" !!!!

In fact to make it easy for you here's a link: http://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?/topic/3758-new-moderator/

Cheers