Tiguan 2.0 TDI 2009 (n4s) with ACC - Fixing pictures - Page 9 - Reader's Drives - myTiguan Forum

Photo

Tiguan 2.0 TDI 2009 (n4s) with ACC - Fixing pictures

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts
  • My Tiguan:Sport TDI auto 2009
  • Where are you located?:Portugal

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:44 PM

I saw OnOffs reading that high as well and went what??? Did euro VWs get tuned for higher boost? Then I saw a video of his idling sitting at 1 bar. But even then you take that 1.5 bar convert to psi for us Yanks, which is 22 psi, subtract 14 psi for atmospheric and you have stock 8 psi boost. Pretty crazy the difference between Bar and Psi.

Probably why the Beetle here got a pretty much blank boost gauge at first, then they had one that went up to 35 psi, I assume was for a TDI engine as it had no vacuum side. Pretty crazy. But heard they are totally not accurate. Why I like my Polar FIS.

This is from Beetle, 5C5 part number.
ONOFF one is from Scirocco, 1K8.
Mine goes to 2.5, his to 3.0

2.5 is 36psi, and that minus 14 will make the 22psi that turbo is making, not 8.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 01:51 AM

#162 OFFLINE   Mostic

Mostic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • My Tiguan:2014 1.4 TSI FWD
  • Where are you located?:Egypt

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:26 AM

No, it's like that. It starts from 1 because it's atmosferic pressure. If you don't believe check scirocco. This is original part from vw and input is canbus, not vacuum line.

It’s not something that I don’t believe, actually I believe because I saw it in my friend’s car too :)
But as I said it’s strange for me because the normal boost gauges gives numbers close to the accurate more than the OEM VW ones (like yours and my friend).
That’s why I was wondering and asking ..

#163 OFFLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts
  • My Tiguan:Sport TDI auto 2009
  • Where are you located?:Portugal

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:27 AM

I'm also learning a bit about CAN BUS communications.

Made a test bench and did some programing with arduino, to simulate some car functions. I got inspiration and initial code from this site https://hackaday.io/...aming-simulator

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.