Iggy's Makeover/ OEM+ Mods and More! - Page 3 - Modifications & 'How to' Guides - myTiguan Forum

Photo

Iggy's Makeover/ OEM+ Mods and More!

• Please log in to reply
694 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 R Line TDI DSG
  • Additional Location Information::united kingdom

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:19 AM

Thats what we are trying to figure out, N4s and I tried some coding, to no avail, just made the dash light up. ABS pump numbers are the same except the last etter digit, so I thought it could be as easy as coding. I loved it in my Golf TDI DSG so I figured it was a DSG thing, but apparently there are some with 4 motion and Non Dsg that have the Hill Hold on Brake. one of them things you don't realize you like till you don't have it. I still catch myself double pumping the brake at lights...LOL

I am sure the dash will be apart a few times, I also want to mount some flush mount led lights in the Dash Storage bins, the Cup Holders and the main center console storage. Found a nice 20 Pack in Red, Blue, White or many other colors, totally flush mount and already have pigtails with resistors for like $15. trying to sort out if I can safely tie it into the dash dimming circuit without overloading it or having to do an Ambient lighting circuit with a independent dimming switch.

You guys tried Rosstech well there forum for coding?
As regards to lighting I've not managed to overload it yet, but as they are all LEDs the power draw isn't that bad

Tiguan R Line, 4Motion with DSG 7Speed, RNS-510, Dual Zone Climate Control, Reversing Camera, Leathers, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Mats.

UPGRADES:
Cruise Control, Colour MFD Cluster, Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Via MFD, Fiscon Bluetooth, MDI, LED Number Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, Reversing Sensors, LED Sidelights, Side Steps, Bonnet Struts, Cornering Fog lights enabled, Door Warning/Puddle Lights, Wing Mirror Puddle Lights, Rear Footwell Lights, Dual Boot Light Plus Centre Boot Light, Dual Rear Fog Lights, 24 Hour Front DRL LED Fog Lights, Driver Assistant System, OffRoad Function, Centre Console Mood Lightings, Grab Handle Mood Lighting & Lane Departure, Forward Collision Warning via Cam.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 02:42 AM

#42 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:19 AM

Thats what we are trying to figure out, N4s and I tried some coding, to no avail, just made the dash light up. ABS pump numbers are the same except the last etter digit, so I thought it could be as easy as coding. I loved it in my Golf TDI DSG so I figured it was a DSG thing, but apparently there are some with 4 motion and Non Dsg that have the Hill Hold on Brake. one of them things you don't realize you like till you don't have it. I still catch myself double pumping the brake at lights...LOL

I am sure the dash will be apart a few times, I also want to mount some flush mount led lights in the Dash Storage bins, the Cup Holders and the main center console storage. Found a nice 20 Pack in Red, Blue, White or many other colors, totally flush mount and already have pigtails with resistors for like $15. trying to sort out if I can safely tie it into the dash dimming circuit without overloading it or having to do an Ambient lighting circuit with a independent dimming switch.

You guys tried Rosstech well there forum for coding?
As regards to lighting I've not managed to overload it yet, but as they are all LEDs the power draw isn't that bad

Tiguan R Line, 4Motion with DSG 7Speed, RNS-510, Dual Zone Climate Control, Reversing Camera, Leathers, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Mats.

UPGRADES:
Cruise Control, Colour MFD Cluster, Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Via MFD, Fiscon Bluetooth, MDI, LED Number Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, Reversing Sensors, LED Sidelights, Side Steps, Bonnet Struts, Cornering Fog lights enabled, Door Warning/Puddle Lights, Wing Mirror Puddle Lights, Rear Footwell Lights, Dual Boot Light Plus Centre Boot Light, Dual Rear Fog Lights, 24 Hour Front DRL LED Fog Lights, Driver Assistant System, OffRoad Function, Centre Console Mood Lightings, Grab Handle Mood Lighting & Lane Departure, Forward Collision Warning via Cam.

#43 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1429 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:00 AM

I have an active thread going there but no one has yet to say if activation of it is possible without a certain ABS module revision, I was wanting to post up a thread of ABS Module, E Brake Module Year, Coding,  part number.. see if we can do that. I mapped out my ABS module on the official thread, but I have many locked out with security, thats been my next step, maybe ill sort thru it tomorrow, see whats hiding behind the locked channels..  I am more after the Haldex Lockup anyway, hill assent control would be nice but ill never be n that steep of terrain.  I just will have a few spots where I know front and rear is locked in and gripping then allowing the system to choose it.  if I cant enable Hill Hold, I am adding the Auto Hold since from what I have read is add 1 to the current coding, and change the switch out. that for sure will happen, too many times in Seattle traffic, and on a bad day all it would take is my foot slipping from the brake to cause an accident..  why they took it off them is odd, I rather enjoyed it on a loner Tig I had for an extended time..  

That is good for the LEDs these are what I will be using...

http://www.ebay.com/...ykAAOSwjVVVzW43

2 In the Large Storage area, one in the small under the HVAC Controls, 4 in the cup holder maybe just 2 in the center.  maybe 2 in the overhead console like some VWs have to shine down on the console,  maybe do like you did and do behind the handles on the doors, and possibly one down in the door cup holder..I was actually hoping like on some models I could insert an LED into the hvac vent switches, like the old Mk4 had,  seeing the vent status open/closed is nice at night..cpuldnt figure out why my climatronic was acting odd today, ended up closing 2 dash vents on accident yesterday..

Where do you stop when the mod bug hits you, I had so many plans for the Golf, I just got burned out on the car after it started getting uncomfortable to drive and ride in, so now i plan on doing everything i did to is, plus alot more some of you have done to their tigs i never even thought of..

Got the extra wires fished today and out to the ECU, and the front Footwell lights wiring strung.. debating on just capping the leads for the rears for now, and do them when its nice and I can remove the seats.  I just have to do final connections at the BCM, see if I have to stand on my head to do it.. but at least I found the fuse location with a hot all the time input where the one lead snaps in to charge the alarms battery. so I wont have to run another wire out to the battery, grounded right with the main ground for the BCM, and just have to hook up to the correct pin.  

I also need to break down and find the correct pin pullers for these mini and micro connectors, but damn are they expensive..

Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST..

Find me on Instagram @IggyTheTiggy

#44 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:17 AM

I have an active thread going there but no one has yet to say if activation of it is possible without a certain ABS module revision, I was wanting to post up a thread of ABS Module, E Brake Module Year, Coding,  part number.. see if we can do that. I mapped out my ABS module on the official thread, but I have many locked out with security, thats been my next step, maybe ill sort thru it tomorrow, see whats hiding behind the locked channels..  I am more after the Haldex Lockup anyway, hill assent control would be nice but ill never be n that steep of terrain.  I just will have a few spots where I know front and rear is locked in and gripping then allowing the system to choose it.  if I cant enable Hill Hold, I am adding the Auto Hold since from what I have read is add 1 to the current coding, and change the switch out. that for sure will happen, too many times in Seattle traffic, and on a bad day all it would take is my foot slipping from the brake to cause an accident..  why they took it off them is odd, I rather enjoyed it on a loner Tig I had for an extended time..  
That is good for the LEDs these are what I will be using...
http://www.ebay.com/...ykAAOSwjVVVzW43
2 In the Large Storage area, one in the small under the HVAC Controls, 4 in the cup holder maybe just 2 in the center.  maybe 2 in the overhead console like some VWs have to shine down on the console,  maybe do like you did and do behind the handles on the doors, and possibly one down in the door cup holder..I was actually hoping like on some models I could insert an LED into the hvac vent switches, like the old Mk4 had,  seeing the vent status open/closed is nice at night..cpuldnt figure out why my climatronic was acting odd today, ended up closing 2 dash vents on accident yesterday..
Where do you stop when the mod bug hits you, I had so many plans for the Golf, I just got burned out on the car after it started getting uncomfortable to drive and ride in, so now i plan on doing everything i did to is, plus alot more some of you have done to their tigs i never even thought of..
Got the extra wires fished today and out to the ECU, and the front Footwell lights wiring strung.. debating on just capping the leads for the rears for now, and do them when its nice and I can remove the seats.  I just have to do final connections at the BCM, see if I have to stand on my head to do it.. but at least I found the fuse location with a hot all the time input where the one lead snaps in to charge the alarms battery. so I wont have to run another wire out to the battery, grounded right with the main ground for the BCM, and just have to hook up to the correct pin.  
I also need to break down and find the correct pin pullers for these mini and micro connectors, but damn are they expensive..

Hope your ABS issue of hill assist isn't down to firmware, I put a similar thing about coasting function with a DSG and apparently it is to do the with firmware, so not sure if that is going to happen. As for the LEDs your good to go mate, I've got two strips of LEDs in the doors,console & footwell lights and all's good :)

UPGRADES:

#45 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:43 AM

Thanks again, yeah, In some ways I really like VWs simple and clean looks to their dashes. but with every other car company doing ambient lighting effects its odd that VW has yet to join the bandwagon.  The footwell lights alone are the odd part. both my 08 Jetta and the Golf had front ones. it shocked me not seeing them on a higher line vehicles like the Tiguan.  As much night driving as I do, any little thing is nice to see things in the dark without hitting an overhead light..  

I am eventually going to do the OEM Day/Night mirror, with Auto Lights, RLS Sensor, seems like Bold SPort is the only place that carries it as a kit.. Cannot  seem to find it elsewhere. and ill have it on hand when I need to replace the windshield, so i wont have to fight installing the bracket..Its cheaper that route then a Gentex Mirror with Homelink. they want $350 by the time you buy the adaptor for the windshield, harness, cover and mirror..

http://www.bold-spor...&product_id=209

Basically I want to install every option I can and pretty make it the SEL trim level other then Seats, id rather have the durability of the Letherette then mess with real leather, or go with a set of Catskinz replacement covers at some point.  OEM Xenons, modules, and leveling sensors is a long ways away, hoping to find a wrecked Tiggy and buy it at an insurance auction with some of this, and part off the rest I don't need.. like I said where does it end...projects never end. Ill keep adding stuff till the day the doctors ask for my drivers license..

One question did you tie in the leds to the footwell lighting circuit so you can dim the lights via the MFD so they are at that level or via the dash lighting circuit?  And for the ones on the doors, i have noticed a coding change for doing handle ligts did you hook them to just the door lock lighting circuit or right to the module and code them in.. got me thinking Ill wait till I get these to do te oor warning lights and add them while the panels are off doing the deadening and warning ights

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

OEM+ OR BUST..

#46 OFFLINE   Skard

Skard

myTiguan Expert

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • My Tiguan:2.0 140 4Motion '08
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::North

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

I have a manual car with hill hold and offroad functions

UK - North.
Tiguan TDI & Audi S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

#47 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

Thanks again, yeah, In some ways I really like VWs simple and clean looks to their dashes. but with every other car company doing ambient lighting effects its odd that VW has yet to join the bandwagon.  The footwell lights alone are the odd part. both my 08 Jetta and the Golf had front ones. it shocked me not seeing them on a higher line vehicles like the Tiguan.  As much night driving as I do, any little thing is nice to see things in the dark without hitting an overhead light..  
I am eventually going to do the OEM Day/Night mirror, with Auto Lights, RLS Sensor, seems like Bold SPort is the only place that carries it as a kit.. Cannot  seem to find it elsewhere. and ill have it on hand when I need to replace the windshield, so i wont have to fight installing the bracket..Its cheaper that route then a Gentex Mirror with Homelink. they want $350 by the time you buy the adaptor for the windshield, harness, cover and mirror..
http://www.bold-spor...&product_id=209
Basically I want to install every option I can and pretty make it the SEL trim level other then Seats, id rather have the durability of the Letherette then mess with real leather, or go with a set of Catskinz replacement covers at some point.  OEM Xenons, modules, and leveling sensors is a long ways away, hoping to find a wrecked Tiggy and buy it at an insurance auction with some of this, and part off the rest I don't need.. like I said where does it end...projects never end. Ill keep adding stuff till the day the doctors ask for my drivers license..

One question did you tie in the leds to the footwell lighting circuit so you can dim the lights via the MFD so they are at that level or via the dash lighting circuit?  And for the ones on the doors, i have noticed a coding change for doing handle ligts did you hook them to just the door lock lighting circuit or right to the module and code them in.. got me thinking Ill wait till I get these to do te oor warning lights and add them while the panels are off doing the deadening and warning ights

You might want to contact Skard and check out his ABS coding. No the centre console lights are connected onto the illumination wire that is on the cigarette lighter, the rear doors are connected to the window switch illumination and the fronts connected to the door handle illumination but it could be connected to the window switch illumination if you've not got door handle lights at the front, all lights dim via the spin wheel by the headlight switch.

UPGRADES:

#48 OFFLINE   Skard

Skard

myTiguan Expert

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

I can get the coding later if needed.

When I did the footwells, I took my rear wiring via the fronts (and thus CECM).

I also added RLS and auto dimming mirror, has been in for over two years, kit from Aliexpress.
I replaced the windscreen.

Have a look on my signature link, might be some bits that interest you

UK - North.

#49 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:07 AM

I believe I still have my list of coding for everything since I am duplicating my last VW..  Other then adding all the footwell lights and alarm, I've done this in the past..  I am just waiting till I finish running the wires to the footwells to hook up the alarm and the lights so I only have to be upside down under the dash once..  I had to cut the footwell arness apart to make it so the rears came from its respective front.. it wanted to go anticlockwise from the LF, LR, RR, RF so I have it wired to the fronts and then to the reas down both sides. For now Ill just have the fronts wired and cap off the rears till i can get the terminal connectors for the seat harness and catch a nice day I can remove the seats, and get the lights fitted..  Doing a test with my bench tester, the seat cover doesn't interfere too bad with the lights, its a good inch away from them, but I had to pop it loose to snap the buggers in.. Why they took them all out is beyond me, for a $20 part installed on the line..  

Yeah, the mirror will be the hardest mod Ill have to wait for unless on my next trip I get a bad chip in the windshield.  Insurance just wont randomly change the windshiled for me unless its unfixable..  Bold SPort wants $250 USD for the kit,switch, harness, mirror, covers.. so if you have a link to the one you got Skard Id appreciate, B.S. pricing has gone up and almost doubled lately.. I like auto lights, and the auto wipers, but best of auto window roll up, I dont know hoe many times I have left a window cracked at night, even with the weather tech deflectors, and it pours down rain that night with a nasty wind, to find my interior wet the next day.  Not as bad now with leather, but water dripping into the switches is never good..

Lost of neat add ons, that I am shocked are not  OEM on the Tiguan, when a base Jetta has them, and a higher trimmed Tig doesn't makes me scratch my head to VWs reasoning..

Ill eventually have every OEM convenience mod I can add, plus some OEM plus ones..  The extra LEDs will bee a nice touch to add to the dash storage, a few in the cup holder hidden below the holder fingers so my eyes don't directly see them at night.  And I am still debating on following Enigma on the door lights behind the handles..  I have read the coding changes that there is a code to add door pull lighting, and it comes on only in park, at night with the lights on or the interior lights on.. they shut off when the doors auto lock. seeing if I can find the pinout into from the module to code these in, if not I may just add them like he did and tie them into the lighting circuit.  MAy add a few to the overhead console as well like other VWs but they are recessed and aimed to the console, so your eyes dont directly see them, but it added a nice touch to the console area at night.  Will add one to the center console storage as well, so I can see where to plug in my phone charger at night..  So many other manufacturers do this why VW lacks ambient lighting is beyond me.. 

For my footwell lights I am still debating on LED retrofit bulbs, I did not like the overhead replacements other then the vanity mirror bulbs..  it was just too harsh of a light to adapt to when you have been in the dark for a while.  The footwells on my Golf when I added the rears I put a small square of red Lamin-x directly under the bulbs so when they were in the din mode the light as a softer pink.red color, but at full brigtness it overpowered the tint and was still a nice white light, goint to do that again, red is so much easier then white in the dark. but I want white when I open the door..

So much I want to do and add to this.. but it will just take time.  Bit by bit it will be done, I got my Sound deadening package today as well, but 12 sq feet is o where enough to do all 4 doors, so I am just focusing on the fronts this time, if it works, I can always remove the door cards again and do the rears at a later date.  I am just wanting to cut a bit more road noise leaking thru the doors, but I think its the glass more then anything.. removing the windor regulator to do it will be a fun job, and putting a few pieces on larger areas on the window  regulator skin, but the more I read the other skin is better in the event to regulator replacement, and simply sealing any holes and any rattle point.

I also want to put some acoustic foam, Boom Mat or 3M acoustic foam above the headliner..  The other thing is I wonder if the Tiguan has an Acoustic Glass windshield, I know my Golf did I never hardly hear the rain hitting it, the Tiggy is a lot louder when rain hits it.. another thing to check into, I know VW may have dropped it because Acoustic glass is really fragile, once chip and it cracked fast..so maybe they stopped doing it.

Im not a big stereo person, of bass boom person, but just nulling road noise is a huge thing, so many of these cars are alloys now and thinner metals, so it amplifies noise, at least they attempted to put more in the Tig versus the Golf.  its already quiter.  My Golf was 84db at 70 mph down a certain stretch of freeway, the Tig is 75db.  Its tires mostly because my short lived Red Tig was 64 db on this stretch with different tires.  on new pavement its pretty quiet, Washington State has some of the noisiest asphalt and concrete they use on the freeways i've ridden on.. 

I do need to get a 4 way alignment down, even if its not pulling, I knew my Golf had issues, and it drove fine. put a $1000 set of Continrntal DWS tires on and tore up the rears in 5k miles.  I had over an inch of toe out on the rear, needs 1 degree of toe in.. being AWD I would not want to tear these tires up, and its a free check at my local reputable shop and only $120 to align it..

SO much to do, but I will take my time, I dont use any of my normal income for mods, I only use what I make with my Radio Hobby.  so it keeps things in check and money in the bank for bills and savings..

Thanks again for all the ideas and support guys, the bad part is, I see one of your guys mods and go oh I need that! kid in a candy store feeling..LOL

Cheers!

OEM+ OR BUST..

#50 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:10 AM

Oh, why cant they just have hill hold on all cars, its such a nice feature, even with an automatic, we have a few hills here with a light, and with my bad back and leg the quick double pump to activate the hill hold and so i could just lightly hold the brake was super nice, but I am getting used to manually setting the brake each time now. but I should have my new brake switch with the auto button soon, just hoping its plug and play and adding +1 to coding to make it work.

OEM+ OR BUST..

#51 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:46 AM

IggytheTiggy the OffRoad function only stays active upto 20Mph any faster and it will switch off.

UPGRADES:

#52 OFFLINE   Skard

Skard

myTiguan Expert

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:31 AM

Here is my ABS info -

Part No SW: 5N0 614 517 L    HW: 5N0 614 517 L
Component: J104    C2 450 V2   0006  
Revision: --H11---    Serial number:
Coding: 0015647

UK - North.

#53 OFFLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts
  • My Tiguan:Sport TDI auto 2009
  • Where are you located?:Portugal

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:33 AM

I have the front interior handles with leds from factory. The illumination is very dim. In my opinion don't loose time with this.

Regarding the offroad enigma, you wanted to say that the hill descent control doesn't work after 20km/h because the icon disappears from cluster. The off road works, you can test. Throw the car to a round (don't remember the correct name)... 360 road :) and go to the limits. Without off road you will fell the front slipping and then correcting. With off road on is more balanced.

#54 OFFLINE   Skard

Skard

myTiguan Expert

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:43 AM

I also had the front handle lights but bent the optic, so the light wouldn't come out. Got some very thin LED's and suck them on the inside

http://www.mytiguan....e-5#entry231633

UK - North.

#55 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:27 PM

I have the front interior handles with leds from factory. The illumination is very dim. In my opinion don't loose time with this.

Regarding the offroad enigma, you wanted to say that the hill descent control doesn't work after 20km/h because the icon disappears from cluster. The off road works, you can test. Throw the car to a round (don't remember the correct name)... 360 road :) and go to the limits. Without off road you will fell the front slipping and then correcting. With off road on is more balanced.

Yes that's the reason I said as the icon disappears, but this is even better well more for manual motors as the programming changes the DSG gearing big time with lots of engine breaking, so far more control in the snow but not as much fun as you manual guys lol

UPGRADES:

#56 OFFLINE   Stiguan4Motion

Stiguan4Motion

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • My Tiguan:2016 SE 4Motion
  • Additional Location Information::SoCal

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:56 PM

Oh, why cant they just have hill hold on all cars, its such a nice feature, even with an automatic, we have a few hills here with a light, and with my bad back and leg the quick double pump to activate the hill hold and so i could just lightly hold the brake was super nice, but I am getting used to manually setting the brake each time now. but I should have my new brake switch with the auto button soon, just hoping its plug and play and adding +1 to coding to make it work.

I had auto-hold on my old Passat with a manual. Rarely used it. Even with lots of steep hills. You can use the parking brake as your hill hold. It's designed for that as well.

I wouldn't bother with the Forge DV. It's there for when there were only diaphragm DV. If you don't have a piston one, get one. The best price I found was on Amazon in a Pierburg box

Sent from my iPhone. There may be horrible grammar and misspelling involved

Current: 2016 SE 4Motion/ Gen 1 EA888 2.0T (CCTA)/ 6-speed Tiptronic

Mods: APR Stage 1| DDM Ultra 5500K D3S| VCDS Tweaks| Neuspeed intake with AEM Dryflow BruteForce filter| Neuspeed RsE012 18" wheels | DDM interior LEDs

Past: 2008 Passat 2.0T 6MT, 2002 Golf TDI 5MT, 1988.5 Toyota Camry V6 5MT, 1984 Corolla 3AT

VCDS HEX+CAN Located in Orange County, California

#57 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:55 AM

Well as my luck would always have it pretty much everything I got will be it for a long while.. Hopefully I can get the rest of round one done before long here, if it ever stops bleeping raining..  Medical is coming first as always.  I suffered a pretty major seizure the other night after signing off.. I am okay but it means I am on driving restriction for 6 months..  Not to help things I was in a minor rear ender, no visible damage to Iggy, but I have to take it in soon to have it checked.. She hit the Hitch dead on and it took the force of the slow speed impact.. I am okay thankfully.. Just been a rotten week..  I will also be facing possible surgery soon as well for my condition, I see my neurosurgeon on Wednesday, and schedule scans of my Neck and back and legs for my 3 year roll for my Tumors.. I know things have changed in the last few months, and after the seizure, its amplified it.. my weakness is coming back, and i've been dropping things again..and even just running a local errand wears me out again.. I've been up and down for the last few weeks, (why I am on here so much helping out). so here's to a good appt next week, and hoping for good news.

Hoping to wrap up at least the front footwell lights and the alarm, I think the door warning lights will wait till we have some warmer days to help the removal of the door cards, and the adhesion of the asphalt sound deadener I am trying, looks like good stuff for a fraction of the cost.  was told not to worry about the inside of the door since its reinforced plastic (anyone know) but if its metal then a few pieces will work, but my best method is getting it right on the inner door skin to dampen unwanted noise..  

I also found out of Russia the weather stripping to go between the front and rear door on the lip of the rear door, hoping that adds to quieting things down..My Golf had it, and it kept the door inners cleaner, but with the lower plastic door panels I can see why VW stopped at the window edge.  for the price, its worth a shot, can't hurt.

http://www.ebay.com/...d1VZ0yH&vxp=mtr

Then once I am doing better, barring any surgery Ill slowly gut the interior and run the wires for the rear foot well lights since I see you have to remove the B Pillar trim to remove the door threshold, stupid to make it one long part on the hood pull side..  If I do have any surgery i will be down and out for many months if they want to go after the tumor in my leg that's grown, or the one in the shoulder that's causing issues..

I also got some Lamin-X tint the other day, to do my Fog Lights, Tint out the side markers and some red to cover up the Amber marker that's totally useless on US models..

Thanks for the tip on the door pulls guys, I think ill just pass on it or see how bright these flush mount leds are, are they just tied into the general lighting, or are they wired to the module, since I have seen coding changes for them??  I am thinking of just sticking to the Large Dash Cubby for now, and maybe the cup holders. Unless the doors are easy, a bit more light will be nice.

Only reason for the Forge DV is if and when I was going to go full stg 2 but for now since I should already have the piston, ill be set for now till it starts leaking.. just know many people that went with it, but that's half the cost of the tune in itself, if you add the catch can as well, Ill just do my own carbon cleaning every few years and not worry about the expense..

Just trying to get the few things done so its comfortable for me..and we will see what happens next week with my Neuro Doc.  I am so tired of hearing watch and wait, and taking the amount of pain pills I am on, with the last month has been hell for me, I wont lie, tired of hiding it, its miserable to be in 8-10/10 pain daily even heavily medicated.  1000s of tumors in my body and there is nothing they can really do..  But I need to think positive and keep pushing on, why I am glad to have projects..  Heck I even taking a break from my vintage radios, just have lost the spark lately.. so thanks everyone here for keeping me motivated..  Its really helped..  I am having to give up one of my final items this spring as well, I have to give up riding a motorcycle, not safe for me anymore..

Again many thanks and Ill keep you up to date, and ill be here, just having to take a step back and do things slower then expected.. 

OEM+ OR BUST..

#58 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:56 AM

And I apologize for my rambling, the last few posts if they are difficult to follow, it takes me a few days after a seizure even to get my thoughts together..

OEM+ OR BUST..

#59 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

As long as the Off Road function locks up the Haldex I will be very happy, its one of them use it to get out of a jam things not one of those I can go deeper into the woods buttons.. that and there are times over mountain passes in bad weather and snow its a slow crawl at 5-10 mph thru the snow, just having the assurance all 4 tires are grabbing is a bonus to me, thats good that it shuts off at higher speed, its like a locker setup so it doesn't harm the transfer case or gearing doing normal driving, turong really tight, etc..

OEM+ OR BUST..

#60 OFFLINE   Stiguan4Motion

Stiguan4Motion

myTiguan Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • My Tiguan:2016 SE 4Motion
  • Additional Location Information::SoCal

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

I don't think the Off-road function locks the Haldex, like the "Lock" button on the say.... a Toyota RAV4 with the Active or Dynamic Torque Control system.

http://www.volkswage...etrains/4motion

Electronically controlled 4MOTION is an option on the Tiguan*. The off-road drive mode offers all-terrain capability at the push of a button. This instantly switches on a group of advanced off-road technologies which work together to give you safer control over rough ground.

• The hill descent assist lets you drive down steep slopes safely by actively braking all 4 wheels using the ESP hydraulics
  • The Electronic Differential Lock is adjusted to counteract slip earlier
  • The ABS is adjusted to give better braking on loose ground
  • Gear pre-selection gives optimum engine braking (on automatic gearboxes)
  • The accelerator pedal is adjusted for finer control of torque in low gears
  • The parking brake auto-release helps to reduce clutch wear in hill starts

good luck & say healthy & safe.

Mine hasn't been great this winter....  been keeping me away from snowboarding...

Current: 2016 SE 4Motion/ Gen 1 EA888 2.0T (CCTA)/ 6-speed Tiptronic

Mods: APR Stage 1| DDM Ultra 5500K D3S| VCDS Tweaks| Neuspeed intake with AEM Dryflow BruteForce filter| Neuspeed RsE012 18" wheels | DDM interior LEDs

Past: 2008 Passat 2.0T 6MT, 2002 Golf TDI 5MT, 1988.5 Toyota Camry V6 5MT, 1984 Corolla 3AT

VCDS HEX+CAN Located in Orange County, California

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

mytiguan.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on mytiguan.com is generated by its users. mytiguan.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.