Iggy's Makeover/ OEM+ Mods and More! - Page 2 - Modifications & 'How to' Guides - myTiguan Forum

Photo

Iggy's Makeover/ OEM+ Mods and More!

• Please log in to reply
659 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

Here are the part numbers for the under seat drawers.  I do have verification the Drivers side will fit US market cars, but unknown about the Passenger side, ther is a module that is hanging, that I am assuming is the compass Module, or possibly part of the Rollover management  for the AirBags, looks easily spun around backwards if it is in the way.  I had them both in my Golf no problem and I was told I could not be done.  the problem is finding them in stock. all my sources say Back Ordered till May at the earliest.. 

Drivers side/Left Seat OEM 5N089860182V 

Passanger side/Right Seat OEM 5N089860282V   

I found the numbers under prefacelift Tiguans, the Drivers side is a Guaranteed fit for up to current, the passenger side up to 11 for US models, again, I can't see them making that big of a change, and if that one module needs a nudge moved, there is plenty of room under the seat..

Any of your sources ship to the US N4S? Nada on Ebay

Alarm showed up today, and to my surprise, it has internal Battery Backup, and is a made in Hungary with European VW Part Number, even the wiring is really nice and not tiny itty bitty wiring like the footwell lights.  my only holdup now is the cloth tape, still hanging out in NY Customs..  everything else is due Monday..

Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST..

Find me on Instagram @IggyTheTiggy

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 09:03 AM

#22 OFFLINE   SGreen679

SGreen679

myTiguan Pro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • My Tiguan:R-Line Nimbus Grey

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:30 AM

Yes indeed, a picture is worth a thousand words. Real nice and love your Saddle Brown seats.

Love the color of the seats. 

• n4s likes this

Tiguan R-Line, Nimbus Grey with Cruise, 7speed DSG, CarNet, Winter Pack, Mirror Pack, Paddle Shift, Rear Camera, 18" wheels, Leather, Dynamic Chasis Control and DynAudio. 

#23 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

Got enough to keep busy my 30 yard roll of OEM cloth tape showed up, time to wrap these wires! make them look pretty and OEM as possible! its not the really soft cloth tape I was hoping for, but a very durable, super sticky hard to cut thin cloth tape, more like whats under the hood.  I had enough of the cloth heavy to do what will be somewhat visible, but any extra ounce of protection I can do and make it look right is my goal..

Had to put my tinting off now as well, I was at the range today, practicing and walked thru the new Gun, and the Pistol I have been waiting to look at showed up, and well it came home with me.. my tinting fund is now my traveling companion..LOL just need to finish up and sell a few more radios, and ill get rolling again, got everything off the main list coming to start..

Back on subject, I cant see why the US is so Limited on their Seating colors, I love the Saddle Brown COlor with the Black, it breaks up all the Black!  

Also lesson learned, I used the Meguiar's Leather Care/ cleaner and Protectant. wipes the other day, and cleaned all the nastiness off the seats. now they are a bit slick and every time I move they squeak, my Niece thought I was farting all the time..

I got to tow about a 1800 pound loaded trailer today. fully enclosed single axle 10 foot trailer, with a Gold Wing Motorcycle inside.. It had surge brakes (hydraulic not electric) and I have to say, the Tiggy knew it was back there, but keeping it in sport mode, I was cruising the freeway at 60 no problem, i would of tried 70 but I was bucking a crosswind, and yes the sway control works.. Now I just have to remember how to back up a trailer again.  Got a few laughs at the bike shop, only been 14 years since I towed a small trailer on a personal vehicle.  45 Foot Flatbeds on a Semi Tractor seems totally easy in comparison..  

• n4s likes this

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

OEM+ OR BUST..

#24 OFFLINE   ElSupremo

ElSupremo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • My Tiguan:2012 SEL
  • Additional Location Information::San Diego

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:01 AM

Anyone try installing this front seat drawer yet ?  The ECS version says its product is NFG for motorized front seat.

http://www.ebay.com/...EtUlDXx&vxp=mtr

2012 Tiguan SEL
San Diego, CA

#25 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:31 AM

Anyone try installing this front seat drawer yet ?  The ECS version says its product is NFG for motorized front seat.

http://www.ebay.com/...EtUlDXx&vxp=mtr

We are working on sorting that out.  the Seat Drawer from ECS will work for seats with manual front to back movement only.. I had them in my GOLF and they were great, and had motorized seat tilt back only..  the tip out one like you posted off ebay are for the fully motorized seats, because all the motors are in the way of the drawer.  sadly the drawers are totally back ordered till about May. N4S has one on his Passenger seat. I am trying to sort if post 2012 Tigs can use Both in the USA ECS sells both. for pre 2012.  I can see one new sensor under the Pass seat in my NA Spec Tig that my Golf didn't have, I assume its part of the Airbag for Rollover, or possibly  the Compass module, need to get the number of it, its only on a bracket, and I think i could move it if it needed to be..  Hoping to sort it out.. my Mod Fund dried up due to an unexpected Medical Expense and me picking up some personal items, but its May at the earliest ECS will even see them, and I assume many will be on backorder..so it will even be longer. so Im not holding my breath for them till later in the year.   as for the Ebay tip outs, they are totally useless, maybe for an ice scraper or gloves it wont even hold a small firearm, or much anything solid..

OEM+ OR BUST..

#26 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:39 AM

Got more stuff in today to keep busy, since I am on Restriction again, straightening wires and covering them in the OEM tape, working on the alarm harness tonight..

IMG_20160206_183919_zpsvkls6mqr.jpg

German OEM HArness, Wiring and actual Bracket, why fab when the real bracket is cheap..

IMG_20160204_163848_zpsu1zrx9s6.jpg

IMG_20160206_184035_zpse3sznmoe.jpg

IMG_20160206_184043_zpspdjp2had.jpg

Door lights are OEM FAW VW, but really well built

IMG_20160206_184141_zpsz6sefppg.jpg

The LEDs are superior in every way to the Bold Sport ones I last used

IMG_20160206_184129_zpsutjn8mn0.jpg

IMG_20160206_184156_zpsrnvrcuz1.jpg

Hooked to my Bench Tester set at 13.8V they are amazingly bright

IMG_20160206_183958_zpsvyxca9fl.jpg

The Oem footwell Lights are OEM made in Malaysia, with standard W5W and all tested 100%  

IMG_20160206_184020_zpsbbpeulya.jpg

Finished up taping and Reinforcing the Alarm Harness

IMG_20160206_211612_zpso5t9xwar.jpg

OEM+ OR BUST..

#27 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:55 AM

Next is getting some 20 GA Brown and Red to run from the front lights to the under seat lights, solder them to the tails I left on the main housings. tape them up in a 4" Spiral, don't need to totally cover these wires under the door thresholds, unless I find the wires under them completely taped, but I will also secure them as best I can to the factory loom to the seats on both sides..  For now I am just going to leave a loop at the seat connector, and when I remove the seats at some point I will then install the correct terminals so they work with the seat harness plug..

Also if you do these Door Warning lights the way I am, using OEM Bits and harnesses. dont panic seeing the wiring is different. the Front and rear door Modules are a bit different. Masters vs Slaves.  the tiny pin connector ones are for the front doors, the spade duckbill terminals are for the rear doors.. I about panicked and remembered I had notes form my last install doing this and remembered I needed different connectors for the rear doors.. 

Ill be starting the instal process soon, supposed to have good weather this next week, and if I can get off bed rest I will tackle one door at a time starting with the drivers door. I still have to pick up some Sound deadening for the doors before I begin as well. and see what it takes to remove the window regulators so I can put a few pieces directly on the door skin..

OEM+ OR BUST..

#28 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:42 AM

Since I have a few people message me and ask in the past, about covering the wiring in OE spec Cloth tape. Yes #1 I am pretty picky how things look but that's just one of the reasons.  If many of you have dove into wiring issues, mods, adding things, VW uses very light gauge wiring in all their controls, and they are quite fragile if flexed too much. so adding a layer or 2 of the tape makes the wiring look good, but also add a certain amount of rigidity, and strength to the wires. on large bundles I usually spiral wrap the wires leaving a few inches between spirals but it all depends ho many wires.  in the case of the Foot well lights and the Door Lights I actually do layers, one in a very tight spiral covering the wires then working a foot or so at a time I roll a layer of tape over the wires.  yeah it adds weight but adds so much more.  Under seat wires, get special treatment for kids feet or stuffing stuff under them, as well as remembering to add a bit so the seat can still make its total fore and aft travel as well as up and down..  Another key is vibration and rattling as the Door warning lights, the wires just lay inside the door card so you can remove the fixture without removing the door card.  

All and all its how you want things to look on your own, do it the way you like, and how your pocket book allows.  the dealer that got my last car, and the New Owner was totally amazed that I had added them, if he had not sold VWs for many years he would of just thought it came form the Factory that way and that is my goal on many modifications aI do. OEM+ Modding is what its called, sure I probably spend a bit more, but making sure everything is CanBus compliant is key, no errors..  A few things I am adding like the CB, will be built off a separate system off the fuse panel, labeled as an accessory circuit, and built to what I consider factory standards. but isolated from any system if possible. 

Like a few others I am also planning on adding a few more ambient lighting sources using flush mount LEDs. Adding light to the dash cubby holes, cup holders, and a few other areas, that seriously need light. I am still sorting out how much I can add without overloading the lighting system..

All and all have fun while Modding, do it the way you want, they way you want, with the parts you want, and have fun, do it how you want, don't have to copy any of us.  but if you have any questions just ask..  I just use OEM parts because I like to.. I could do it for a fraction of the cost using aftermarket.    I hopefully will never have to trade in or get a different car for a very long time now so I am doing it this way and any little bit of resale helps, if the dealer believes they are factory installed options, and now that I have the chart for accessory codes I can always pencil them in on the sticker for future reference.

BIG key here before changing any Coding SAVE YOUR BASE CODING!!!!  if you ever revert or take out the modification, you have the number it once was to uncode the part..

OEM+ OR BUST..

#29 OFFLINE   ElSupremo

ElSupremo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • My Tiguan:2012 SEL
  • Additional Location Information::San Diego

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

We are working on sorting that out.  the Seat Drawer from ECS will work for seats with manual front to back movement only.. I had them in my GOLF and they were great, and had motorized seat tilt back only..  the tip out one like you posted off ebay are for the fully motorized seats, because all the motors are in the way of the drawer.  sadly the drawers are totally back ordered till about May. N4S has one on his Passenger seat. I am trying to sort if post 2012 Tigs can use Both in the USA ECS sells both. for pre 2012.  I can see one new sensor under the Pass seat in my NA Spec Tig that my Golf didn't have, I assume its part of the Airbag for Rollover, or possibly  the Compass module, need to get the number of it, its only on a bracket, and I think i could move it if it needed to be..  Hoping to sort it out.. my Mod Fund dried up due to an unexpected Medical Expense and me picking up some personal items, but its May at the earliest ECS will even see them, and I assume many will be on backorder..so it will even be longer. so Im not holding my breath for them till later in the year.   as for the Ebay tip outs, they are totally useless, maybe for an ice scraper or gloves it wont even hold a small firearm, or much anything solid..

Thanks for the analysis, I hadn't even noticed that they were "tip out", not worth (to me) the asking price of $60.

2012 Tiguan SEL
San Diego, CA

#30 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:54 AM

Got the last few items today in the mail, the rear cup holder is really nice and is OEM.. I can see where its missing a minor part, that would allow the cup holder to spring open slowly to save cost it was removed and has no issues without it. For what little I will need it, its fine.

The pedal covers floored me, they are all OEM! but.. I can see these rated as scratch and dent maybe, the Dead pedal is a German Made, R Line part, has all the correct marking and the Part Number comes up good, the BRake pedal is the same, it just has very minor finish issues that are not visible from a distance greater then a foot or so, will get banged up anyway. ALso has a good German 1K0 Part Number, and the Throttle cover has a few scratches, and one minor fixable issue along the top edge it wasn't formed too cleanly, a bit of hammering and filing since its stainless and a quick buff on the brush and none the wiser that its an aftermarket assembled kit..

Hoping to have this beautiful weather hold out for a few day, and if the body allows, get a few things done, at least get the parts installed and wires roughed in.  I am still waiting on some sound deadening material  that I was turned on to for the doors, 80mil tar backed. got enough for 4 doors for $25 shipped. using my decibel meter I found the door lowers have about 5 db more sound leakage then the tops, so Ill focus on a bit inside the door to null vibrations, and and squares on the window regulator panels.  

Barring this level 10 pain that even my strongest medications i have been given can't touch im hoping for some relief soon so I can play! 

Also got some Lami-x Tinting film coming, Dark Black to get rid of the front side markers, yet keep me "US Legal" at night, with some more of that, I am making my own Boser/ eyebrows following the oem lines.  Since the AMber rear turns are a total PITA to make work right, some red to cover them, in a test my patch of red blended in totally, and really changes the look.  and finally some to tint the fogs European yellow!

Sadly with whats came up in the last week, this is it for a while, a few have asked for pics if the door cards and oem footwell install, I will be doing separate DIYs for these, to complement Egnimas write ups and DIYS but using OEM parts..   Tinting is on indefinite hold but first on the list in the coming months, as for tune and intake, that's for next years taxes.. Medical expenses, new foot wear, a new back brace, a deductible for my prescriptions I totally forgot about, and a new side arm came first, as well as paying off my credit card totally for a while..

• n4s likes this

OEM+ OR BUST..

#31 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:43 AM

Egad I am beat, got the pedal cover on, had to do some modifications and actually epoxy on tab on that had nothing to grab, and file the curve a bit, but they are on and never coming off easily.. not realizing the kick panel with the hood handle was all one part all the way back, I had fun installing the dead pedal.   G\ot the alarm mounted, wires ran inside, and fished over to the drivers side, another long process but at least the dash is all back together.  Glove boxes were out, the Light Switch panels, both dash end caps out but I finally was able to find a way to fish the wires from one side to the other that is out of the way of the HVAC system.  for now Its time to take a few days to heal up. its back together and driveable again..

OEM+ OR BUST..

#32 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12200 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 - 2.0TSI R-Line
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:09 AM

OK, take a well deserved break now and rest up for your next adventure. ;)

Take care!

Current: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior. Driver Assistance Package (Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Traffic Alert, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Rear Cam with Area View 360 and Remote Start). R-Line Package (19" Trenton Alloys, Heated Steering Wheel, R-Line Door Aluminium Sill Plates and Stainless Steel Pedals). Pics >>> https://www.mytiguan...ew-2018-r-line/ .

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: https://www.mytiguan...></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: https://www.mytiguan...-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#33 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:53 AM

You bet OD,  having some nice weather this week, I might actually grab the 2 Wheel vehicle and do my errands tomorrow.. I haven't done any connections to the BCM yet for the SIren, I am waiting till I finish the Footwell lighting and do all the connections at once, and decided to remove the front seats to do it, so I can lie on the floor and work on the BCM that way not all contorted leaning in from outside.  want to route the wires the best way possible and having the seat out will allow me to pull the B Pillar Trim, since the ick panel is part of the threshold and to get it out the b pillar has to come out.. might as well run my 00 Gauge power wire under the Threshold while I am there for the future AMP and Sub install.. but it was enough for one day, after being on the go for the last 2.  I have some supposedly good sound deadening on its way, just enough to do the doors this week, so the next thing is doing a door at a time and doing the warning lights, and a bit of deadening.. My goal is to get the interior to the low 50 db range with the bad roads we have, I am Currently 67 db in the cargo area on a stretch of road I drive often.  NEw smooth roads its really quiet, in just trying to null a bit more drone out and it seems the doors and cargo areas are the worst. I am sure there is no insulation on the hatch to keep weight down,  for it as well as above the headliner I be using 3M acoustic foam or FatMat foam

Some pics from todays madness

Alarm on mine was attached to a bracket on the ECU, for now I still have the OEM Horn bolted to the new siren as well, if I am unable to disable it via coding, ill remove the pin to it at the BCM. I was going to use the wiring from it to run the Siren, but I would still have to run a constant power to charge the Alarms Back up battery, or this would of been a simple switch.

IMG_20160209_154749_zpsbtjw5cqh.jpg

There is a convenient grommet i punched a hole in and pulled my harness thru, be sure to seal this with silicone! 

IMG_20160209_154755_zpsc81mhsbl.jpg

To figure out where it came out, I had to remove the glovebox, 5 Screws, the GB Light connector, and the light button, disconnected, I should of disconnected the air hose to the GB Cold Air line.

IMG_20160209_154807_zps0elvluex.jpg

I fished the wires into the cabin, and after removing the Drivers side dash parts and end as well as the passengers side I fed a fish tape across the reinforcement bar from one side to the other and was able to tape the wires to it near where they entered the cabin. and pulled them over to the drivers side where they are currently coiled uo next to the BCM, for final shortening and connecting..  

I tell you, I am glad I am never doing this one again, it is not a fun add on at all, so I am hoping the pain is worth the gain to make the neighbor happy. I actually like the Chirp/ Honk Confirm because if you hit the button and get nothing, one of the zones isn't arming, and after having door modules issues with both the Jetta and Golf its nice to know your car is secured.  And hopefully the chirp is quieter then the Honk, mine is painfully loud, and the neighbors complained to me it wakes them up.  I park between 2 houses and it really echoes..

Hopefully doing the PDC isn't this Painful..LOL Knock on Wood!

ALso got the R Line Pedal covers installed, quality was there, fit was B.S. on the throttle, how this one secures is barely anything other then friction holding it, so I sued a few drops of Fix It, and made sure they are not coming off.. they are a bit lighter gauge then OEM R Line, and I accidentally dented the throttle.in a spot but it will get abuse as I drive it.  the finish is also a bit brighter then OEM but using some 0 Steel Wool I knocked the shine down a bit to match the more Matt Chrome of the trim.  ITs amazong how this simple upgrae adds to an otherwise boring pedal box..  really adds to the interior feel and quality.

IMG_20160209_194417_zps4zajdt8s.jpg

Next up doing the footwell lights, pulling the seats and doing the doors.. and warning lights..

BTW the Cupholder mod was a failure for the console, the little cubby is moulded into the back of the console..anyone with a Jetta or Golf let me know ill let it go cheap..

FB_IMG_1455052587604_zpsh2bvjyyy.jpg

OEM+ OR BUST..

#34 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:54 AM

Dirty Tiggy... maybe wash it tomorrow

IMG_20160209_194459_zpsquirsjfg.jpg

OEM+ OR BUST..

#35 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 R Line TDI DSG
  • Additional Location Information::united kingdom

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:23 AM

IggytheTiggy my door card lights where changed a while ago for bold sports which are OEM just LEDs in the holder instead of bulbs, pics for that are lower down in the guide, I sometimes go over my How2's to update either product or info. But I thought you where doing the OffRoad button too? Why did you not loom it into the alarm harness to connect to the ECU? I await more mods from you guys when the funds have been replenished good work!

Tiguan R Line, 4Motion with DSG 7Speed, RNS-510, Dual Zone Climate Control, Reversing Camera, Leathers, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Mats.

UPGRADES:
Cruise Control, Colour MFD Cluster, Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Via MFD, Fiscon Bluetooth, MDI, LED Number Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, Reversing Sensors, LED Sidelights, Side Steps, Bonnet Struts, Cornering Fog lights enabled, Door Warning/Puddle Lights, Wing Mirror Puddle Lights, Rear Footwell Lights, Dual Boot Light Plus Centre Boot Light, Dual Rear Fog Lights, 24 Hour Front DRL LED Fog Lights, Driver Assistant System, OffRoad Function, Centre Console Mood Lightings, Grab Handle Mood Lighting & Lane Departure, Forward Collision Warning via Cam.

#36 OFFLINE   Naresh

Naresh

myTiguan Pro

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • My Tiguan:R Line 2.0TDI 170 DSG

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:19 AM

Yep funds are always a problem for me axis time and covert operations to avoid nagging from Detective Mrs indoors!

2011 R Line 140 DSG ( RIP :( , Gone but not forgotten )

2016 R Line 184 DSG ( mods, pics and more mods to come :) )

Based in Birmingham, UK

TigAvatar3_zps116a1c69.jpg

#37 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

Had to bring that up Enigma... :roll:   Yeah I realized it about the time I fell asleep.  I was going to run 4 wires out to the ECU 2 for the Off Road Button and 2 for the SET button since I have the MFD based reset right now.  Thankfully that gromet isnt too hard to get to with the glove box out when I get there, I figured id do the PLA/OPS 360 when I do the the OR Button, it will be this summer for sure..  I am also kicking myself because I needed to run my footwell wiring harness over to the drivers side as well, at least how is ran I can pull the alarm wires back to the pass side with a puling wire attached and just pull everything back over to the BCM.. by the time I finally got the wires fished over to the drivers side I was in total pain fog and all I wanted to do was get the interior back together.. I have many things that came up today I need to get done, and taking 3 hours to just put the pedals on was more then I bargained for.  took an hour just to get the pedal off its locking mount in the floor, but it made it easier to get the cover on..I will not be using one of these kits again, its a goo kit, but not 110% but they look okay. and are the look I like..

I was going to go with Bold Sports LED V3 Door lights but for $90 by the time they got here, I kept digging on Ebay with China sellers and found a set of OEM Housings, with the W5W bulbs, with the LED Upgrade inserts for $30 shipped.  I took the gamble and it paid off. quality wise I believe they are on par with Bold Sports, the LED panels are really well built and I translated the Chinese scrip on them and it came back to a reputable Chinese LED manufacturer, my only concern is that testing with the leds in the housing using a 9v battery the reds are bright and the white are dim, but putting the LED on a 9V battery directly they are super bright, as when I tested with a Bench tester set at 13.8 Volts.  I am thinking that is more then just a diode on the corner of the housing, but since they are bright at correct voltage, I am not worried..  All came in a FAW VW Box, the Harness in a baggie with FAW VW and  Part number, and the LEDs in a nice sealed blister pack all in Chinese, but had Super Bright! Red Hyper White colors! was in English

They are waaaay better then the set I got from USP Motorsports, on my GOLF they had a deal for $99 for their own Super Bright Warning lights, I knew the housings were going to be clear (figured thats how they would get by patent infringement) but the LEDS were supposed to be Red and white. I got them and the LEDs were built into the housing, and the housings were sealed and one piece, meaning if anything went wrong, they were junk and even a standard bulb would not work. I had nothing but Short to ground issues with them, if the door was open when I started the car, like if it had just rained, the doors would fill up with rain water (total VW design flaw on Mk6 Golf) I always let the door drain before shutting it.   I did a friends Golf with the Bold Sport V2 Kit and had similar issues, but the new V3 kit with their Hyper White/ Red have solved the problem I hear..  Sadly I hear Bold Sport is slowly going under, due to getting parts from FAW is getting harder..

Yep, it will be done slowly, from this point forward, I just wanted to get a few key things I miss from my Golf done to it fast with the few months I didn't have a car payment, but a few other things popped up and took my reserve fund out..  

If anything I can just reverse course and pull the alarm wire out and rerun it as well, its not that difficult how and where I ran it.. Live and learn and lately I am a master at it.. :oops: 

thanks guys all the input you have given me has helped immensely, its gone a long way to helping me.  I also still need to plug in and sort the blocked channels out for N4S on my ABS module to see if we can sort out Hill Hold, as if I read it correctly to get Off Road fully functional I need to have Hill Hold active.. I have the Auto Set for the parking brake switch coming soon, as well and if I read it right all I have to do is install it and enable it, the worst would be adding a wire from the buttons to the Brake module.. so its going to be apart many times before I am finished..

Cheers

OEM+ OR BUST..

#38 OFFLINE   Naresh

Naresh

myTiguan Pro

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • My Tiguan:R Line 2.0TDI 170 DSG

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:26 PM

Iggy if you ever have the front or rear bumper off be sure to find a how to guide as I need to replace the front lower centre grill and for a new ABT splitter and replace the reverse lights with leds.

2011 R Line 140 DSG ( RIP :( , Gone but not forgotten )

2016 R Line 184 DSG ( mods, pics and more mods to come :) )

Based in Birmingham, UK

TigAvatar3_zps116a1c69.jpg

#39 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 R Line TDI DSG
  • Additional Location Information::united kingdom

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

Had to bring that up Enigma... :roll: Yeah I realized it about the time I fell asleep. I was going to run 4 wires out to the ECU 2 for the Off Road Button and 2 for the SET button since I have the MFD based reset right now. Thankfully that gromet isnt too hard to get to with the glove box out when I get there, I figured id do the PLA/OPS 360 when I do the the OR Button, it will be this summer for sure.. I am also kicking myself because I needed to run my footwell wiring harness over to the drivers side as well, at least how is ran I can pull the alarm wires back to the pass side with a puling wire attached and just pull everything back over to the BCM.. by the time I finally got the wires fished over to the drivers side I was in total pain fog and all I wanted to do was get the interior back together.. I have many things that came up today I need to get done, and taking 3 hours to just put the pedals on was more then I bargained for. took an hour just to get the pedal off its locking mount in the floor, but it made it easier to get the cover on..I will not be using one of these kits again, its a goo kit, but not 110% but they look okay. and are the look I like..

I was going to go with Bold Sports LED V3 Door lights but for $90 by the time they got here, I kept digging on Ebay with China sellers and found a set of OEM Housings, with the W5W bulbs, with the LED Upgrade inserts for $30 shipped. I took the gamble and it paid off. quality wise I believe they are on par with Bold Sports, the LED panels are really well built and I translated the Chinese scrip on them and it came back to a reputable Chinese LED manufacturer, my only concern is that testing with the leds in the housing using a 9v battery the reds are bright and the white are dim, but putting the LED on a 9V battery directly they are super bright, as when I tested with a Bench tester set at 13.8 Volts. I am thinking that is more then just a diode on the corner of the housing, but since they are bright at correct voltage, I am not worried.. All came in a FAW VW Box, the Harness in a baggie with FAW VW and Part number, and the LEDs in a nice sealed blister pack all in Chinese, but had Super Bright! Red Hyper White colors! was in English

They are waaaay better then the set I got from USP Motorsports, on my GOLF they had a deal for $99 for their own Super Bright Warning lights, I knew the housings were going to be clear (figured thats how they would get by patent infringement) but the LEDS were supposed to be Red and white. I got them and the LEDs were built into the housing, and the housings were sealed and one piece, meaning if anything went wrong, they were junk and even a standard bulb would not work. I had nothing but Short to ground issues with them, if the door was open when I started the car, like if it had just rained, the doors would fill up with rain water (total VW design flaw on Mk6 Golf) I always let the door drain before shutting it. I did a friends Golf with the Bold Sport V2 Kit and had similar issues, but the new V3 kit with their Hyper White/ Red have solved the problem I hear.. Sadly I hear Bold Sport is slowly going under, due to getting parts from FAW is getting harder..

Yep, it will be done slowly, from this point forward, I just wanted to get a few key things I miss from my Golf done to it fast with the few months I didn't have a car payment, but a few other things popped up and took my reserve fund out..

If anything I can just reverse course and pull the alarm wire out and rerun it as well, its not that difficult how and where I ran it.. Live and learn and lately I am a master at it.. :oops:

thanks guys all the input you have given me has helped immensely, its gone a long way to helping me. I also still need to plug in and sort the blocked channels out for N4S on my ABS module to see if we can sort out Hill Hold, as if I read it correctly to get Off Road fully functional I need to have Hill Hold active.. I have the Auto Set for the parking brake switch coming soon, as well and if I read it right all I have to do is install it and enable it, the worst would be adding a wire from the buttons to the Brake module.. so its going to be apart many times before I am finished..

Cheers

Taking apart and building back up is a problem when you don't have all the bits to hand :( not sure on the OffRoad as mine was a bit more straight forward due to having hill assist already,is hill assist not an ABS function?

Tiguan R Line, 4Motion with DSG 7Speed, RNS-510, Dual Zone Climate Control, Reversing Camera, Leathers, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Mats.

UPGRADES:
Cruise Control, Colour MFD Cluster, Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Via MFD, Fiscon Bluetooth, MDI, LED Number Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, Reversing Sensors, LED Sidelights, Side Steps, Bonnet Struts, Cornering Fog lights enabled, Door Warning/Puddle Lights, Wing Mirror Puddle Lights, Rear Footwell Lights, Dual Boot Light Plus Centre Boot Light, Dual Rear Fog Lights, 24 Hour Front DRL LED Fog Lights, Driver Assistant System, OffRoad Function, Centre Console Mood Lightings, Grab Handle Mood Lighting & Lane Departure, Forward Collision Warning via Cam.

#40 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:16 AM

Thats what we are trying to figure out, N4s and I tried some coding, to no avail, just made the dash light up. ABS pump numbers are the same except the last etter digit, so I thought it could be as easy as coding.  I loved it in my Golf TDI DSG so I figured it was a DSG thing, but apparently there are some with 4 motion and Non Dsg that have the Hill Hold on Brake.  one of them things you don't realize you like till you don't have it.  I still catch myself double pumping the brake at lights...LOL

I am sure the dash will be apart a few times, I also want to mount some flush mount led lights in the Dash Storage bins, the Cup Holders and the main center console storage.  Found a nice 20 Pack in Red, Blue, White or many other colors, totally flush mount and already have pigtails with resistors for like $15.  trying to sort out if I can safely tie it into the dash dimming circuit without overloading it or having to do an Ambient lighting circuit with a independent dimming switch.  

OEM+ OR BUST..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users