Iggy's Makeover/ OEM+ Mods and More! - Modifications & 'How to' Guides - myTiguan Forum

Photo

Iggy's Makeover/ OEM+ Mods and More!

• Please log in to reply
653 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:57 AM

---------------
Disclaimer: These mods are thoroughly researched and planned before installed. I am also a Self Trained professional when it comes to stuff like this. I assume no responsibility for modifications to your Vehicle that may result in the loss of life, injury or loss of vehicle due to fire. Please use my mod ideas responsibly and when in doubt please ask. I will gladly share my knowledge with you. I am also a master of VCDS so any coding changes on any and all modules are at your own risk. When I doubt cancel it out and write down any coding before modifications are made a simple digit off can render a module useless.

Also one more note EEPROM is getting to be the way things are coded. When you see the EEPROM notice DO NOT Change Coding Without the proper device. I have bricked a CECM by messing with lighting coding.

So have fun and enjoy all these pages of mods and information. ---------------

Well I Spent a good hunk of my Tax return today, and spent time getting the right price, word for the wise Bold-Sport is going under, avoid them at all costs, they are too expensive now anyway..Saved well over $150 finding OEM parts in China that more then likely are them anyway..

Lockwood Stainless Door Sills (complete)

WeatherTech Window deflectors (Complete)

Mud Flaps (Complete)

OEM Monster Mats (Complete)

APR Stage I Tune (complete)

Philips Xtra Vision H7 130% Halogen Bulbs (Complete)

Nighthawk 9006 Fog light bulbs. (Complete)

2" Hitch, and finish up Tow Electronics (complete)

OEM European Siren/ Alarm to get rid of the US Spec Horn (Complete)

Correct OEM Bracket for siren, had to go local OEM (Complete)

OEM Door Warning lights, with harness and LED upgrade bulbs (Complete)

Oem Foot Well Lights 2 for the front, 2 for the rear seat footwells, also plan on getting 2 more for modifying the Cargo area, like many have, its a dark cavern at night when loading and impossible to see the area under the floor.. (Complete)

2 Rolls of the OEM Cloth Tape (Done)

Few spare Door Clips in case I break a few getting the door panels off (Done)

Sound deadening material for under the door cards, door skins, might as well add some when the panels are off.. leftovers will be used in the cargo area where the most road noise is coming from. (Complete)

4 Male/4 female pin connectors to fit the OEM connector under the seat. (Complete)

Oem Style R Line Pedal Cover Kit (Complete)

Between the door weatherstripping (completed)

Hood Weather Stripping (completed)

Upgraded Overhead switch panel (Wired, installed Complete)

Auto Park Switch (installed, need to finish wiring to bcm) Need to run power from accessory Hot to pin on New Switch to power the auto brake circuit

Stainless switch Trim (Installed)

Undercoating Wheel Wells (Held off till warmer weather)

Ambient Interior Lighting (dropped)

Tinting the windows (completed)

Second Cargo Light, (completed)

Building a Custom Hitch Basket (completed)

Di-Noc Door Handles with brushed Stainless (ditched, ugly)

LED Light bar Integrated into lower Grille (idea in planning)

Custom Cross Bars (Fabrication, prototype 1 failed, 2 in progress)

Hard Mounting 120V 500W Inverter inside Cabin, possibly under pass side dash (installed under rear pass seat)

Running Wires for Rear Fog Light and Amber rear turns

Relay for Rear Fog

Running wires For Off Road and Set Buttons

Building an accessory switch panel concealed in the driver's useless box

Rear Bumper Protector

Lamin-X The Fogs Yellow, side markers and blinkers dark smoke, and the amber part of the tails red, red is temp till I run wires and make the Amber tails and rear fog fully functional. (Complete)

Di-Noc Brushed Stainless interior bits dropped

8" Micro Sub installed in the cargo area
(Complete)

CB Radio installed in place of MDI in center Console

Relocated MDI to Behind glovebox in ALT Location

K04 Turbo Upgrade (planning stage, need to verify Golf R DP fitment) 350+ HP Tiguan you say? Why not.

Next on the list money dependent

New Wheels
Getting Elsawin Program
Buying a VAS EEPROM Tool
Exhaust
Making the OFF Road feature Functional
APR Intake for K04
Parking OPS front and Rear
Possibly PLA if I can make it work with the front US Spec Bumper, at least OPS 360
Hood Strut Kit
Try and install Sound Deadening to roof, and door skins directly. may remove headliner and install acoustic foam..
H&R Lift Kit

Couple of added notes here.. I possess many tools most people wont have, but I highly suggest you if you plan on doing your own mods save up for.

A set of roll Crimp pin Connector Crimpers. The more expensive the better my $25 pair work but seem to twist the connector a bit when crimping, may just be out of adjustment.

A decent set of Triple Square Bits, again about $25 on Amazon for a set of Tekton
A Decant 3/8 Drive Torque Wrench that reads in Nm and Inch Pounds
Decent set of Strippers
Soldering Iron with decent flux core solder
Tesa OEM Cloth Tape
Assortment of Zip Ties
Patience
Knowledge of OEM Wiring colors
Big one is not afraid to make mistakes, its all fixable, and why we are here to assist..
Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

Mod list now on my profile

OEM+ OR BUST..

Find me on Instagram @IggyTheTiggy

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 06:36 PM

#2 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:00 AM

One question, I did it on my last VW and thought I was crazy, but breaking the gas pedal mount made it worth it when I was fixing the cabin water intrusion, but the R-Line Pedals.  I loved the more sticky feel they have, is the Cheaper kit found on Ebay, for the dead Pedal, Brake Pedal and just the cover for the Throttle the way to go?  can't fathom spending $250 for the OEM kit, when basically its the same kit, with just a cover on the throttle..  Seen them available with OEM Part Numbers for $45-50 Shipped to the USA

http://www.ebay.com/...~VTzRpn&vxp=mtr

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black and Anthracite Interior

OEM+ OR BUST..

#3 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:19 AM

Oy, I was just reading up on the Alarm Retrofit, looks like a good 2-3 day job for me to do it and make it right..  why VW put these annoying horns in is silly, I am hoping the Chirp is quieter then the Horn Honk, so the neighbor doesn't get fussy, I rather have audible confirmation, then waiting to see the LED start flashing..

I am surprised I cant just use the Horn Wires that are already in place, and just run the one wire to the BCM..but I guess its not the right way, to my understanding these have a battery in them? so the alarm will still go off if the battery is cut?

Everything else on the list I have done a few times, 

OEM+ OR BUST..

#4 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 R Line TDI DSG
  • Additional Location Information::united kingdom

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:22 AM

Yes correct topical they have four wires on a back up battery siren, neg and pos then signal wires for charging,system arming lose of signal.

Tiguan R Line, 4Motion with DSG 7Speed, RNS-510, Dual Zone Climate Control, Reversing Camera, Leathers, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Mats.

UPGRADES:
Cruise Control, Colour MFD Cluster, Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Via MFD, Fiscon Bluetooth, MDI, LED Number Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, Reversing Sensors, LED Sidelights, Side Steps, Bonnet Struts, Cornering Fog lights enabled, Door Warning/Puddle Lights, Wing Mirror Puddle Lights, Rear Footwell Lights, Dual Boot Light Plus Centre Boot Light, Dual Rear Fog Lights, 24 Hour Front DRL LED Fog Lights, Driver Assistant System, OffRoad Function, Centre Console Mood Lightings, Grab Handle Mood Lighting & Lane Departure, Forward Collision Warning via Cam.

#5 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:28 AM

I guess these Don't, just 3 wires, signal wire, 12V Constant and Trigger wire..  I am trying to sort out if I can use the existing 2 wires, Ground and trigger from the OEM Horn, so I don't have to drag an entire new circuit to the new siren, since the Horn is coming out anyway.  should be as simple as figuring out where the OEM horn is tapped into the BCM and moving it to the correct Siren Horn pin out, #36 on the center BCM connector is the trigger..  Ill see what I can sort out, I have quite the task ahead, and doing quite a bit as its all torn down.  

I did find the OEM provision for the rear footwell lights as well today, so that is doable, and just need to get the correct pin connectors for the seat plug so I can wire the lights up as close to OEM as Possible, and able to be disconnected when the seats are removed.  Ill make my own harness using the supplied connectors.. but split it in half so driver and passenger is separated..

Now I just need cooperative weather once all the stuff arrives to do it!  

OEM+ OR BUST..

#6 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:53 AM

The one I want to sort out, is If it is possible to fit the under seat drawer on a Tiguan.  I know the Passenger side is a no go with all the electrics under there, but I see a neat tiip out tray for that side.  ECSTuning 

https://www.ecstunin...rage/ES2083325/

I loved it in my Golf even thought they are tiny.  its a great place to carry my 357 Magnum off my body, when I am driving, or need a place to stash it when I am trailing. I just see this rod in the way, so I dont know if I want to risk $100 to find out if it doesn't work.   I have power recline, but not front and back..  ECS said they didnt know, but knew it wont fit with memory or powered seats..

and this for the Pass side..

http://www.ebay.com/...EtUlDXx&vxp=mtr

OEM+ OR BUST..

#7 OFFLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1659 posts
  • My Tiguan:Sport TDI auto 2009
  • Where are you located?:Portugal

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:22 AM

I believe it should be the opposite. I have the first one you show in my passenger side.

#8 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

All of the electronics are mounted under my Pass seat, plus the BT Module,  my Drivers side is clear.. it would be nice to have drawers again on both sides, I was able to make it work on my last Car. but it didn't have half of the sensors and Air Bag stuff under it.  Are you Right Hand Drive in Portugal N4S?  Ill snap some pics as whats under the seats on a US Tig, If that's the case, Ill source out a drawer for both sides.. They are very useful for carrying my  CWP  firearm, or in the Passenger side the Owners manual when you toss in a few bottles of water or soda in the glove box to keep cool.. I find the overhead bins on mine totally unusable, other then the one terribly designed for sunglasses that's the only one I use other then I have my Binoculars, Maintenance Notepad and tissue in the Front one.  

OEM+ OR BUST..

#9 OFFLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1659 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

sometimes images are better than words

32zs511.jpg

2h6f6g5.jpg

2iqoef8.jpg

#10 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 12188 posts
  • My Tiguan:2018 - 2.0TSI R-Line
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:16 AM

Yes indeed, a picture is worth a thousand words. Real nice and love your Saddle Brown seats.

Current: 2018 R-Line 4MO in Platinum Grey Metallic with Two Tone Saffrano Orange and Black Interior. Driver Assistance Package (Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Traffic Alert, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Rear Cam with Area View 360 and Remote Start). R-Line Package (19" Trenton Alloys, Heated Steering Wheel, R-Line Door Aluminium Sill Plates and Stainless Steel Pedals). Pics >>> https://www.mytiguan...ew-2018-r-line/ .

Previous: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: https://www.mytiguan...></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: https://www.mytiguan...-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada) post-3541-0-50538200-1530623199.gif Member of the ROFC.

#11 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:17 AM

Yeah Looks good, id do drawers both sides then, just got to track down the Passenger side drawer then, as long as you have all the stuff hanging out under the Pass seat like I do, I am golden..  Since ECS has the Drivers drawer, I just need the Pass Drawer..

I am Happy now!

OEM+ OR BUST..

#12 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:19 AM

Maybe Ill order the the one from ECS and see its it fits both sides..or they may have it listed wrong and its a Passenger side drawer..

OEM+ OR BUST..

#13 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:22 AM

Did you upgrade the Climatronic panel N4S? or where you are at was that style available earlier?  I like the little lip along the bottom, and the chrome accent along the buttons..

Ill post some pics tomorrow, of the stuff under the seat, but as far as I can tell, they could be moved if in the way.. and my Golf had similar stuff under the seat and I had drawers both sides..

OEM+ OR BUST..

#14 OFFLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1659 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

Yes, I upgraded my panel.
http://www.mytiguan....?hl=climatronic
http://www.mytiguan....&attach_id=5618

My Tiguan is 2009, the original was golf mk5 style. The little lip is specific to chinese market, I ordered the trim (not controller) from china to have that, exactly like golf mk7.
2 weeks ago I talked about that in the forum http://www.mytiguan....china/?p=357193

... but you already knew that, right? :woot:

OD, thank you for the nice words

#15 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:46 AM

Just had a  senior moment..  I realized you brought that up in my ChinaBay Post after I posted that. It's amazing how just tiny differences there are in the China FAW VWS, that added Chrome Accent and the lip along the bottom helps the dash a bit..    

Also have to apologize for now getting the Coding sorted/ unblocked on the other post, hasn't been a really good health week.. been flat on my back for a few days. and seems like I am up reverse what I should.. haven't been asleep til 4-6am my time and not up till mid afternoon..  

OEM+ OR BUST..

#16 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:28 AM

Well the first bit started showing up. Hoping a few more tomorrow..   

Got up feeling about 80% after the last 2 weeks, being 90% flat on my back in bed, so what do I do? Work on the Tig of course!

Started things off by cleaning the seats with Leather cleaner and conditioner Wipes, and I have to say, the wipes were almost black with dirt when I was done..ewww, the steering wheel was pretty nasty as well.. The seats look a ton better and aren't as sticky feeling anymore. Waiting for a day above 50 to finish the inside detail, all I did was get the dirt and sand from my Niece and Nephew riding in it after taking them to the local beach.. Didn't realize they had kicked the backs of the seats, glad I don't have cloth anymore..

Got my Hitch setup in the mail yesterday, so that is where I started today. Cut the recessed area out to 6 1/2" as per the instructions, surprised how easily the valence cut ith a sharp blade, I figured that would be the hard part, mounted and torqued down the receiver, tossed in the receiver plug, and shifted to the wiring. I had an old bracket for a different style of plug so I modified it to work, and hit with with some stove paint to help it blend in.  for now I just drilled a couple of holes in the lower valence where the wiring kinda wanted the plug to sit and got it set up.  Backed it up to my utility trailer, and instantly had an issue.  as I figured I have a bad ground in the trailer. been acting up on the other truck we had, so that will be a project for another day.. Got a nice Trailer Lighting error..    

12512548_10205473597663125_5895954735521

12642591_10205473595623074_6841352788855

Got my footwell lights and the Housings were OEM, which is good, I am just curious why the first few letters were melted off, maybe a way to mark them as seconds? the lenses on 2 of them where the snap wasn't molded too well, but they are 100% useable, its not in the lens are.  Only complaint is how the harness was coiled up. I ended up having to cut the harnesses into 4 individual circuits, needed to anyway the wires are way too long to begin with for how I rung them..  Started suing the cloth OEM tape to make them look as OEM as possible. Ran out of my first (old) roll of tape, my 30 yard roll should be here tomorrow.. Then I can finish it up this week I hope, and ill have footwell lighting front and rear, using all OEM parts, and wireways. I just have to pull the plastic thresholds off to run the wires to the seats under the carpet. 

Alarm Bracket came as well, and I am hoping I got the right one. it looks like it will hold the alarm, but I am still unsure how it fits down in the wiper area.  I understand its there and not under the wheel liner in Tiguans..  I got some advice from another member, and I am going to try and run it using the wiring for the horn, or Do I leave the Horn Connected with the siren? and just code off the SImple Hon Coding and replace with Siren, Chirp on/off with lock.  Hopefully the neighbor like the Chirp over the Horn.  its going to be on from now on.

Hopefully see the Cloth tape tomorrow so that will keep me busy till the door lights come, that is the one job I hate, removing the door panels..it is not fun, or for the weak of heart.  I am just trying to decide of I want to do any sound deadening under the doors while the door cards are off or to those who have added some if its even worth it.. thats where most of my road noise I hear is coming from, could be thru the glass as well.. Even with its far better sound deadening, I wouldn't mind it even 5-10 db quieter on the freeway.  My Golf was 84 db on the freeway at 70mph, the Red Tiguan with Kuhmos was so nice and quiet at 66db, the Blue Tig with the OEM COntinentals is 64db. all tire noise of the continentals. and I can hear passing traffic on the freeway.

Going in sometime next week for full Tinting on all the windows..

• n4s likes this

OEM+ OR BUST..

#17 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:07 AM

Nothing new today other then I got my Number Plates in the mail and on the Tig, after 2 months of running around on temp tags, It feels odd having plates again..  Almost takes the newness out of it..  

Got the Front and Rear Light housings installed, the rears will be interesting, testing them with a 9v battery, they definitely will light up the floor better then the Golfs, where they were tucked under the seat.. these are further back and I feel light up the floor better.  Debating now to change the rear bulbs to RED or use Lamin-X to cover the lens for now. wont know for sure till they are totally connected to the BCM and coded in and I can set the lighting at 10%, I did learn I can also control their output when the door is open.. that was one thing when I tried LEDS before, they were great dim but really harsh at full brightness, but do agree LEDs lack a bit of warmth to them that the W5W bulbs have. 

OEM+ OR BUST..

#18 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:41 AM

Should have everything in a day or 2, everything from China I ordered is currently clearing customs in San Francisco, the stuff from Germany, Norway and Netherlands is all in New York..  may be a productive weekend, may have to evict my moms car to the driveway for a few nights...LOL. I just need to pace myself. and do one door, or one thing at a time. That is what is difficult about my current health, only 35, and I am unable to push myself anymore, as much as I want these things done, its better to do it slowly and correctly and take my time, even if it takes a few weeks to a month, the it would be for me to be flat on my back in bed for another month..  Tumors are not fun when you have thousands of them in and on your spine, and down both sciatic nerves, it really has a way of compounding things..  Still need to work on the coding of my ABS module for N4S to help me on..maybe tomorrow it wont be pouring rain and 40 degrees, out..

OEM+ OR BUST..

#19 OFFLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1659 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:32 AM

We're always anxious about new things in the car but I just learned to enjoy it.

If you make everything in one day there will be nothing else to do. I have lane assist camera, abs, beetle turbo gauge and other stuff waiting for me in the garage...

So take your time and take care

#20 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:57 AM

Always a good way to look at it.. Still have a pile of other stuff I have been procrastinating on as well..I also restore vintage tube radios, and collect vintage test equipment.  A nice hobby that brings in a bit of money for mods, since I try and not use my disability income for anything but payments and saving money up.  That's the nice thing about having a car like this, always something to add and something to clean, or something to do.. I was on burnout with the Golf TDI, and the massive recall Dieselgate made it even worse, I am just glad i'm in a better vehicle and one that's more my style,, Ill miss that car, but having more fun already with the Tiguan..I wont miss the shows and dealing with kids and their parents wallets. Time to get back to what I enjoy..and keep doing things right...  BTW N4S totally interested in that Beete Pod concept, I was actually thinking that myself the other day, why the Beetle got a OEM boost gauge and not anything else.. I was actually looking at PODI since hes local to me, but all his pods block the MFD, P3Cars is expensive and wastes a vent, as well as vent pods, I was looking at doing a A Pillar pod if it didnt interfere with the airbag, but keep us up to date on that..

My Old Car..   I will miss it, 60k miles of problem free driving, and I even had VW themselves give me comments on it, keeping everything I did OEM+  Even went on a 2500 mile road trip in 2 weeks with it. that was the point where I realized I needed something a bit different..And I wanted back to my roots.  

Last Show I attended with it..  the Infamous DISLDUB plates have been retired..  I brought many people into the world of DIesel Modding, and even got to show up a few modded GTIs on the track a Diesel could hold its own on the road course or in a drag race..  there was a reason I ran Continental DWS tires on it, only things sticky enough I didn't urn them up.  Malone Custom tune 185hp, 325ft lbs Torque, limited by the DSG.. so we retuned it to 177 HP, 300tq and did the unitronic DSG tune and every now then a good launch would hit the torque limiter...LOL  

11150535_10204012356733015_3556537266020

IMG_20140429_155355_zps49a721db.jpg

Engine bay so clean you could eat off it..
FB_IMG_1425154855217_zpsq3yxomiv.jpg

OEM+ OR BUST..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users