myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
  • My Tiguan:Mk1 Match DSG TDI Full Leather
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Kent the Garden of England

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

Just seen on the Passat uk site that a guy has just retro fitted a Mk7 golf steering wheel with built in cruse to a B6 Passat.

http://www.ukpassats...=737773#p737773

There is no how to so far so has anyone tried it on their Mk1 Tig yet.

Mick 

N.W.  Kent  England

2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match with Full cornsilk leather, Winter pack, Storage pack, 230v inverter, RNS 510 Sat/Nav, RVC, 9W7 B/T unit, Cruse Control, Dual Climate Control, MFSW, Running boards, Modified mud flaps (all round,) Slash cut chrome exhaust tips, Chrome reverse light surrounds, Chrome front fog light surround, Chrome tailgate trim, Polished stainless steel sill covers, Chrome light switch bezel, Four door laser projector puddle lights, Chrome seat switches, Brushed stainless steel side flashes, Power folding mirrors  With chrome covers and puddle lights.

2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG

Member of the  OFC

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 08:50 PM

#2 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:24 AM

Ugh it's a pain. And not not fun. Depending in the wheel you might end up with non functional​ buttons like the Radar Cruise and pressing them throws a code. But you will need the steering wheel, the module under the column as well as a base model turn signal indicator to lose the cruise on it. I totally debated as a friend wrecked and bought back his Mk7 R and I was wanting the parts as well as the nav unit till I found the nav was the MIB setup and all honestly I liked the girth of the R wheel but it just didn't fit the look in the cabin. I'd love to get my floppy paddles back. I miss being able to knock down a gear without touching the stick. It's doable with patience and coding.

Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 VW Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black V Tex-Leatherette Interior

Mods: APR Stage 1 Tune, OEM Splash Guards, Monster Mats, Class III Hitch and Electronics, European Alarm Siren, Footwell Lighting front and rear, LED Door Warning and Entry Lights, Upgraded Overhead Lighted Console, Lockwood UK SS Tread Plates, GT Sound Control Sound Deadening in doors and Cargo area, Weatherstripping Mod Between doors and Hood, Weather-Tech Window Deflectors, Tinted Fogs, Markers, Signals, and Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, Concealed CB Radio, OEM First Aid Kit, Lots of VCDS Sorcery, LED City Lights, Phillips Xtra Vision Bulbs, Silver Star Fog Bulbs, Ultra Gauge System, Kicker HS8 Sub in Cargo area, CB Radio built into console, Cold and Warm Climate Packages, R Line Appearance Packages, Climatronic Dual Zone Climate Control, Locking Safe

OEM+ or Bust!

Mods to Come: Off Road Button, APR CAI, H&R Lifting Springs, Running Boards, NAV System with Rear Camera

Just because I am on Disability, doesn't define who I am, I am determined to fight my condition to the end...for now its time to live life, and enjoy the finer things.

#3 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

Ugh it's a pain. And not not fun. Depending in the wheel you might end up with non functional​ buttons like the Radar Cruise and pressing them throws a code. But you will need the steering wheel, the module under the column as well as a base model turn signal indicator to lose the cruise on it. I totally debated as a friend wrecked and bought back his Mk7 R and I was wanting the parts as well as the nav unit till I found the nav was the MIB setup and all honestly I liked the girth of the R wheel but it just didn't fit the look in the cabin. I'd love to get my floppy paddles back. I miss being able to knock down a gear without touching the stick. It's doable with patience and coding.

Having read it further it sounds such a hassle that I wouldn't bother.

Mick

N.W.  Kent  England

2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match with Full cornsilk leather, Winter pack, Storage pack, 230v inverter, RNS 510 Sat/Nav, RVC, 9W7 B/T unit, Cruse Control, Dual Climate Control, MFSW, Running boards, Modified mud flaps (all round,) Slash cut chrome exhaust tips, Chrome reverse light surrounds, Chrome front fog light surround, Chrome tailgate trim, Polished stainless steel sill covers, Chrome light switch bezel, Four door laser projector puddle lights, Chrome seat switches, Brushed stainless steel side flashes, Power folding mirrors  With chrome covers and puddle lights.

Member of the  OFC

#4 OFFLINE   IggytheTiggy

IggytheTiggy

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE+ 4 Motion
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::Skagit County, Washington State

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

The friend that ended up buying it just dropped it in to his MK6 golf and I have to clear codes out weekly till he finishes the job. Just have to have everything there and the codes from the donor's module to make sure. But yeah I'd rather just get a mk6 paddle wheel from a gti with the fancier trim and swap it out. Apparently the Tiguan module can accept a dsg wheel but I haven't pulled the column apart to verify.

Located: Skagit County, Washington State, USA

2013 VW Tiguan SE+, 4 Motion, Night Blue Metallic, Black V Tex-Leatherette Interior

Mods: APR Stage 1 Tune, OEM Splash Guards, Monster Mats, Class III Hitch and Electronics, European Alarm Siren, Footwell Lighting front and rear, LED Door Warning and Entry Lights, Upgraded Overhead Lighted Console, Lockwood UK SS Tread Plates, GT Sound Control Sound Deadening in doors and Cargo area, Weatherstripping Mod Between doors and Hood, Weather-Tech Window Deflectors, Tinted Fogs, Markers, Signals, and Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, Concealed CB Radio, OEM First Aid Kit, Lots of VCDS Sorcery, LED City Lights, Phillips Xtra Vision Bulbs, Silver Star Fog Bulbs, Ultra Gauge System, Kicker HS8 Sub in Cargo area, CB Radio built into console, Cold and Warm Climate Packages, R Line Appearance Packages, Climatronic Dual Zone Climate Control, Locking Safe

OEM+ or Bust!

Mods to Come: Off Road Button, APR CAI, H&R Lifting Springs, Running Boards, NAV System with Rear Camera

Just because I am on Disability, doesn't define who I am, I am determined to fight my condition to the end...for now its time to live life, and enjoy the finer things.

#5 OFFLINE   BigGav

BigGav

• PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • My Tiguan:2.0 TDI S 4Motion
  • Additional Location Information::united kingdom

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:21 PM

There's a guy in the UK ..if you buy the wheel he wil code the module so it's fully functional and send the module to you. Can supply details if required :)

2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion
19" Team Dynamic Le-Mans in Anthracite
Euro Switch with Auto Light Sensor
R-Line Bodykit
Interior Lights & Number plate Lights upgraded to LED

VW Motorsport Number plate holder
Painted Rear VW Badge
Matt Silver TDI badge
Replaced 4 Motion badge
R-Line Grill

#6 ONLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • My Tiguan:Sport TDI auto 2009
  • Where are you located?:Portugal
  • Additional Location Information::portugal

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:34 PM

Probably Alex, but isn't the light always on with this mod?

#7 OFFLINE   BigGav

BigGav

• PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • My Tiguan:2.0 TDI S 4Motion
  • Additional Location Information::united kingdom

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

n4s yes indeed Alex .. sending my clocks to him for blue needles and staging through eeprom etc and asked what else he could do from distance and he said the mk7 wheel he would do module then I would have cruise control etc via the wheel! I never went into detail about comparability etc

2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion
19" Team Dynamic Le-Mans in Anthracite
Euro Switch with Auto Light Sensor
R-Line Bodykit
Interior Lights & Number plate Lights upgraded to LED

VW Motorsport Number plate holder
Painted Rear VW Badge
Matt Silver TDI badge
Replaced 4 Motion badge
R-Line Grill

#8 OFFLINE   NJM

NJM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • My Tiguan:2010 tdi 140 revo st1
  • Where are you located?:Chile

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:10 AM

Hello biggav. Maybe a little late but I have the mk7 wheel with paddles in my 2010 tdi. I love it!
It doesn't have the cc buttons, all works great except lights are always on, but it doesn't really bother me. It was very easy to install and a minor change using vcds. I got it from "vwrtuning" on eBay. The guy was very helpful

2010 TDI 140 4motion NA model, DSG6. 

Mods: REVO Stage1. 255/40/R19 + michelin PSS. Eibach prokit lowering springs + Bilstein B6. Mk7 GTI style steering w/paddles. RCD330 Carplay radio + rear cam

#9 OFFLINE   NJM

NJM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:12 AM

Pic:
http://www.mytiguan....-1497829855.jpg

Mods: REVO Stage1. 255/40/R19 + michelin PSS. Eibach prokit lowering springs + Bilstein B6. Mk7 GTI style steering w/paddles. RCD330 Carplay radio + rear cam

#10 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

I would love the Mk7 wheel but with my OCD the light on the dash would drive me nuts lol.

Mick

• NJM likes this

N.W.  Kent  England

Member of the  OFC

#11 OFFLINE   NJM

NJM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:40 PM

I would love the Mk7 wheel but with my OCD the light on the dash would drive me nuts lol.

Mick

what light are you referring to? I have no light in the dash. By light always on I meant the light of the buttons in the wheel itself

#12 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:59 AM

My bad I thought it was throwing a fault, thanks for clearing that up lol .

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N.W.  Kent  England

Member of the  OFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users