#1 OFFLINE   ChloeL

ChloeL

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • My Tiguan:TIGUAN SE TDI BLUETECH 4M 2012
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hello,

I need some advice, I have an SE TDI BLUETECH 4M 2012 and it has a RCD 510 Premium 8 radio. Everything on it works fine except the DAB. It struggles to find signal in good reception areas and when it does find signal, the radio repeatedly turns itself off and restarts which is very annoying!

Dealer has run a diagnostic and the head unit shows no faults, has anyone had this or know what it might be?

Thanks

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 03:25 AM

#2 OFFLINE   shawng

shawng

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 4,312 posts
  • My Tiguan:2010 Highline (CAN)
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Ottawa

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:25 PM

If you had just said poor reception, I would suggest it's either the area you drive in or an antenna issue. But then you said the radio turns itself off and on again, so I would suspect the radio is faulty. Sometimes faults will occur and no DTCs will be recorded and conventional diagnostics will be useless. Can you demonstrate the problem to the dealer? This would go a long way into convincing them to actually fix the problem

Shawn
2010 Tiguan, 2007 Golf, 1928 Chev AB National
Owner of an independent auto repair and performance shop.

#3 OFFLINE   ChloeL

ChloeL

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • My Tiguan:TIGUAN SE TDI BLUETECH 4M 2012
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for or your reply. Well I didn't have the most dynamic member of staff assist me but I did demonstrate it to them and the guy was like 'meh' don't know? All they suggested was start with getting a new antenna as that's cheaper, then if that doesn't work try a new radio. But that seems like I'm spending an awful lot replacing bits that might not need replacing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users