11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vdumitrescu

vdumitrescu

• 211 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 Comfortline 2.0 TDI
  • Where are you located?:Ireland
  • Additional Location Information::Dublin

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

Took ownership yesterday of our third VW Tiguan.

This is a 2017 Comfortline in Ruby Red with a few extras:

• Panoramic Sunroof
  • Vienna leather pack (with heated front seats and memory function for the driver)
  • Discover Media Navigation
  • Keyless access
  • Electric boot lid opening and closing (without sensor)
  • Alarm
  • App-Connect, Car-net, voice control.

Spent a bit last night working out the setup. I like that I can "marry" each key to a profile, so it recognizes the driver based on the key.

Still haven't figured out if I can attach a memory seat position to the profile, that would be great. So far, it looks as if I can only change the seat position manually.

Will post photos this weekend, when I can see it in daylight.

So far, thoroughly impressed by the plush comfort inside and the glamorous red outside.

UPDATE: some photos in this album.

Current:

• 2017 VW Tiguan Comfortline 2.0TDI BlueMotion, Ruby Red, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Media, Vienna leather, Keyless Access
  • 2015 Hyundai i10 Deluxe, Black Pearl

Previous:

• 2015 Tiguan Sport & Style, 2.0 TDI BlueMotion, Black Pearl, Panoramic Sunroof, RCD-510, 2-Zone Climatronic, Alarm
  • 2012 Tiguan Trend & Fun, 2.0 TDI BlueMotion, Black Pearl, Bluetooth, Park Assist, Mirror Pack, Alarm

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 04:09 AM

#2 OFFLINE   Warrior

Warrior

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • 2,937 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 190PS SEL DSG 2.0 TDI
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Worcester

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

Congratulations on your new arrival.   :twoup:  My third Tiguan is due in March.

Steve 
Member of the ROFC
Worcester, U.K.

2017 190PS TDI SEL DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless, Full Electric Tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist & Rear View Camera, Heated S/Wheel.

Previously - 2011 140PS TDI Match DSG, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Convenience, Off Road, Bi-Xenons and retro fit fogs.
Previously - 2008 170PS TD
I Sport Manual, Black Pearl, Black Leather, RNS510, Dynaudio, Park Assist, M/F Wheel, Cruise Control.

#3 OFFLINE   DaveM

DaveM

myTiguan Pro

• 281 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 R Line 140 Manual
  • Additional Location Information::Glasgow

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

Enjoy it, now we really need to see some photos  :twoup:

2015 R Line 2.0 140 D Manual In Night Blue

#4 OFFLINE   Niket

Niket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • My Tiguan:2.0 L TSI DSG
  • Where are you located?:Saudi Arabia
  • Additional Location Information::saudi arabia

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

Congratulations. Enjoy.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Mechanical Engineer, Cherry Red TIGUAN, 2.0L TSI, 4-Motion, DSG.

#5 OFFLINE   madscientist

madscientist

myTiguan Pro

• 545 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 SEL 190PS DSG DCC
  • Additional Location Information::Crofton, West Yorkshire

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

Looks good. Although I did have to look up what a "Comfortline" spec actually is, since models are different in UK vs Ireland.

Our 2nd Tig is "in transit". We went for a more comfortable set up this time (not that our R Line is in any way uncomfortable at all) so choose thew SEL spec plus the addaptive chassis control.  Like you we also went for the electric tail gate and keyless entry.  Should get car on March 1st.

Phil

2017 Tiguan SEL TDI, 190PS DSG in pure white. Options: Dynamic Chassis, Keyless with full electric tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist with rear view camera, Heated Rear Seats, electric towbar.
2017 Pennine Pathfinder.

#6 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

Mick the Dark night and all round good guy IMHO

• My Tiguan Master
  • 2,697 posts
  • My Tiguan:Mk1 Match DSG TDI Full Leather
  • Additional Location Information::Kent the Garden of England

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

And a congratulations from me too on your new Tig.

Mick

N.W.  Kent  England

2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match with Full cornsilk leather, Winter pack, Storage pack, 230v inverter, RNS 510 Sat/Nav, RVC, 9W7 B/T unit, Cruse Control, Dual Climate Control, MFSW, Running boards, Modified mud flaps (all round,) Slash cut chrome exhaust tips, Chrome reverse light surrounds, Chrome front fog light surround, Chrome tailgate trim, Polished stainless steel sill covers, Chrome light switch bezel, Four door puddle lights, Chrome seat switches, Brushed stainless steel side flashes, Power folding mirrors and puddle lights.

2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG

Member of the  OFC

#7 OFFLINE   vdumitrescu

vdumitrescu

• 211 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

I've added some photos, see link in the original post.

After a bit of driving the car over the weekend, here are some first impressions.

The ride is great, not noticeably different from the mk1. Maybe a bit quieter too, which is a plus.

I've somehow managed to pair the seat position with the driver profile. As a result, the seat will automatically change position when the new driver opens the car door: the car selects the profile based on the key used, and adjusts the seat position, if needed. Absolutely perfect for our needs!

The fuel efficiency was better than our previous Tiguans. On a long motorway trip on Saturday, we averaged 6.7L/100km (42mpg). It's early days, and the missus does school runs during the weekdays anyway, so I don't expect the long time average to stay high :)

The adaptive cruise control takes a bit of getting used to, but then it helps a lot.

The Lane Assist feature felt very strange. I turned it off, until I have read the manual about it. It felt like the car was resisting my changing of lanes, and it was very unexpected. Particularly where I passed criss-crossing white lines, and the car thought I was drifting.

The only thing I grumbled about was the loss of storage space around the driver.

In the mk1, there were two cubbies plus the ashtray in front of the gear stick. There was the dipped tray on the dash. There was the small cubby above my head. We've also had room for cards, at least 4, if I'm not mistaken.

You'd have thought that opting out of the smoker package would give me an extra storage space, but no. There's only one small cubby there, and nothing else. The dash tray is now covered with a door, making it smaller and harder to access.

The little one above the head is gone. And there are no slots for tickets/cards!

Only one accessible 12V socket, in the same space with the USB connector, in the little cubby. The one inside the armrest is gone. This makes it very hard to charge two phones at the same time.

Current:

• 2017 VW Tiguan Comfortline 2.0TDI BlueMotion, Ruby Red, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Media, Vienna leather, Keyless Access

Previous:

• 2015 Tiguan Sport & Style, 2.0 TDI BlueMotion, Black Pearl, Panoramic Sunroof, RCD-510, 2-Zone Climatronic, Alarm
  • 2012 Tiguan Trend & Fun, 2.0 TDI BlueMotion, Black Pearl, Bluetooth, Park Assist, Mirror Pack, Alarm

#8 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Pro

• 381 posts
  • My Tiguan:Match 177 DSG 4M nimbus grey
  • Additional Location Information::Thatcham, Berkshire

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

The Lane Assist feature felt very strange. I turned it off, until I have read the manual about it. It felt like the car was resisting my changing of lanes, and it was very unexpected. 

The instruction vidos posted in another thread note you need to tell it your changing lanes by signalling. Sort of enforces always signalling!

Richard.    OFC ®

2015 Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies, caravanner.

#9 OFFLINE   madscientist

madscientist

myTiguan Pro

• 545 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

I switch Lane Assist on on the motorway.  Yes, when you move lane WITHOUT INDICATING the car tries to resist but you should not be changing lanes without indicating in the first place!  It is excellent at warning you if you drift out of lane.  Off Motorway, it's less useful - mostly because road markings are not consistent, unlike the motorway.

Phil

2017 Tiguan SEL TDI, 190PS DSG in pure white. Options: Dynamic Chassis, Keyless with full electric tailgate, TPMS, Park Assist with rear view camera, Heated Rear Seats, electric towbar.
2017 Pennine Pathfinder.

#10 OFFLINE   madscientist

madscientist

myTiguan Pro

• 545 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

Oh, just noticed that new Tig has reached the UK. Not long now . . .

Phil

2017 Pennine Pathfinder.

#11 OFFLINE   vdumitrescu

vdumitrescu

• 211 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

Two months since the purchase, here's a quick update:

1. The fuel economy is still high, around 45mpg, even with the daily school run. We do enough mileage at the weekend, with very good numbers, that it keeps the average up.

2. Discovered that the new radio ("Discover Media") supports two phones connected via Bluetooth at the same time. You can select which one to make calls with, and can answer calls incoming on any of them. Pretty cool!

3. When we bought leather seats, we did so because we wanted the memory function. But the heating option is amazing too. Must be getting old...

4. I've got used to the Lane Assist feature. Just like madscientist suggested: must turn it off when not on Motorway. Some road markings in Ireland are too confusing for the Tig.

5. Beside the novelty, found AppConnect and CarNet of very little use.

Still enjoying the car enormously!

Current:

Previous:

#12 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 9,911 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 - 2.0T Trendline (S)
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

Always good hearing owner's thoughts. :)

Thanks for posting. :twoup:

Current: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. Pics here >>> http://www.mytiguan....-in-pure-white/ .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: http://www.mytiguan....></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: http://www.mytiguan....-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

OCD_2_zps6lnozllq.jpg
Montreal, Quebec (Canada) canadian.gif Member of the ROFC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users