#1 OFFLINE   DPemberton

DPemberton

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • My Tiguan:2014 Match 2.0TDI 4x4 DSG

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

As reported in the press today there is a UK based class action

http://www.vwemissionsaction.com/

May be if interest to forum members, the FAQ looks good.  Not sure if I'll join myself.

2014 Match 2.0TDI 140PS 4MOTION DSG + Panoramic Roof, Lane Assist & High Beam Assist

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 10:53 PM

#2 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • 2,518 posts
  • My Tiguan:Mk1 Match DSG TDI Full Leather
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

As reported in the press today there is a UK based class action

http://www.vwemissionsaction.com/

May be if interest to forum members, the FAQ looks good.  Not sure if I'll join myself.

Why should our North American cousins reap all the benefits if there is money being splashed about lets all get compensated not just them over there IMHO.

Mick

2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match with Full cornsilk leather, Winter pack, Storage pack, 230v inverter, RNS 510 Sat/Nav, RVC, 9W7 B/T unit, Cruse Control, Dual Climate Control, MFSW, Running boards, Modified mud flaps (all round,) Slash cut chrome exhaust tips, Chrome reverse light surrounds, Chrome front fog light surround, Chrome tailgate trim, Polished stainless steel sill covers, Chrome light switch bezel, Four door puddle lights, Chrome seat switches, Brushed stainless steel side flashes, Power folding mirrors and puddle lights.

2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG

Member of the  OFC

#3 ONLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 9,607 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 - 2.0T Trendline (S)
  • Where are you located?:Canada

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

Why should our North American cousins reap all the benefits if there is money being splashed about lets all get compensated not just them over there IMHO.

Mick

I agree Mick, but I guess it comes down to how hard Governments push VW and how hard the Governments are pushed by consumers for compensation.

Cheers!

Current: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. Pics here >>> http://www.mytiguan....-in-pure-white/ .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: http://www.mytiguan....></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: http://www.mytiguan....-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

OCD_2_zps6lnozllq.jpg
Montreal, Quebec (Canada) canadian.gif Member of the ROFC.

#4 OFFLINE   katieb

katieb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • My Tiguan:2.0 DSG 140 blue motion

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

I've already joined up - nothing to lose and I'm still peed off with vw over their dastardly double crossing lying behaviour!
No more vws for me in the future (although I must admit I do like my Tig for the most part

#5 OFFLINE   DPG

DPG

• 171 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 R Line 177 4Mo DSG

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

I wonder how they would do it?

Compensate owners at the time of the announcement or current owners only.

I know a few that have got rid of VAG cars recently so it will be interesting to see if they are included
2013 TDI 177 R Line 4Motion DSG

#6 OFFLINE   arniet1000

arniet1000

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • My Tiguan:2.0 R-Line 4WD

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

I have just completed this. It asks if you still have the car, how much you paid for it, if you have sold it and how much for etc. I guess it's so they can see if it's lost any value from the scandal. They take there cut if they win, you don't have to pay anything even if they loose. Love my Tiguan but wouldn't have bought it if I'd known. I'm holding off on the update until they get it right looking at other discussions on here there has been issues and there is already a version two of the upgrade software.

#7 OFFLINE   Enigma

Enigma

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • 2,413 posts
  • My Tiguan:2011 R Line TDI DSG

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

I've always kicked up about how I think VW has tricked the consumer in my eyes. PS it does carry risk to claimant.

Tiguan R Line, 4Motion with DSG 7Speed, RNS-510, Dual Zone Climate Control, Reversing Camera, Leathers, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Mats.

UPGRADES:
Cruise Control, Colour MFD Cluster, Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Via MFD, Fiscon Bluetooth, MDI, LED Number Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, Reversing Sensors, LED Sidelights, Side Steps, Bonnet Struts, Cornering Fog lights enabled, Door Warning/Puddle Lights, Wing Mirror Puddle Lights, Rear Footwell Lights, Dual Boot Light Plus Centre Boot Light, Dual Rear Fog Lights, 24 Hour Front DRL LED Fog Lights, Driver Assistant System, OffRoad Function, Centre Console Mood Lightings, Grab Handle Mood Lighting & Lane Departure, Forward Collision Warning via Cam.

#8 OFFLINE   Unitdflyier

Unitdflyier

myTiguan Pro

• 520 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE TDI

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

10 January 2017

An update on the claims against the Volkswagen Group

Dear Lucy

Over the last few months we have been liaising with a number of law firms as regards the most effective way to bring the claims arising from the Volkswagen emissions scandal. We held a pre-planned meeting with these firms yesterday afternoon in order to agree a coordinated case management strategy and to ensure that our clients’ prospects of success were maximised and their exposure to risk minimised.

All clients should be aware that the issue of proceedings against Volkswagen brings with it a risk of having to pay Volkswagen’s lawyers’ fees (which will be in the several millions of pounds) in the event the claims are unsuccessful. Although it may be possible to obtain insurance to protect claimants in respect of that risk, that also comes at a price and thus the compensation recovered must exceed the costs of the premium that is payable in the event the claim is successful. It is therefore important that we put forward the strongest arguments that maximise the compensation recoverable from Volkswagen.

There are a number of different ways to present this claim to the court. The claim that the other firms are looking to bring is based upon the argument that Volkswagen made various fraudulent representations about the affected vehicles. One of the main allegations made against Volkswagen is that they fraudulently represented to their customers that the cars were lawfully able to be driven on the road. This is in fact not the case, as neither the Department of Transport nor the German regulator has taken the step of declaring the affected vehicles to be unlawful.

Vehicle owners must also be able to show that they have sustained a loss. We are aware of vehicle owners reporting that they have sold their affected vehicles for less than they believed them to be worth and of the negative impact upon performance once the fix has been applied. However, in order for the performance losses to be claimed for it is necessary to have each of the vehicles independently tested to assess what, if any, impact has occurred. Further, the provable losses in residual value are likely to be relatively small per individual and may lead to a situation where the costs of pursuing the claim and the cost of the Adverse Costs Insurance Premium (if the claim is successful) far outweigh the sums that are recovered on behalf of affected vehicle owners.

Our proposed claim arises under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (as amended) (CPUT) and is open  for vehicle owners who purchased their vehicles as new after the 1 October 2014 and entitles claimants to  recover a percentage of their purchase price or finance payments they have made since the 1 October 2014. The percentage that a court may award ranges between 25% and 100%, depending upon how seriously the court views Volkswagen’s action.

In our view, the main advantage of this cause of action is that it is not necessary to undertake expensive vehicle testing to assess the impact of the fix or seek to obtain evidence about the decline in residual values. We also believe that because of the way in which the damages payable are calculated, clients may be able to recover a greater amount of compensation. 

We are therefore in the process of both preparing proceedings on the basis of CPUT and finalising proposals for how all the firms will work together to progress all claims through the courts.

In addition to pursuing the above claim, we are also in the process of pursuing a small number of test cases through an alternative dispute resolution body, called The Motor Ombudsman. This body is solely focused on the automotive sector and self-regulates the UK’s motor industry, should provide some UK consumers with an avenue to seek redress without the cost risk associated with pursuing the matter through the courts. We are due to meet with the Department of Transport in the coming days to ensure that this body is appropriately utilised and resourced.

Further updates will follow shortly following our meeting with the Department for Transport. We will also provide you with a more specific update regarding the status of your individual case and the appropriate course to follow in your individual circumstance over the coming days.

Finally, you are receiving this email as you have previously registered your interest with us. Please let us know if you no longer wish to receive these updates.

We are receiving a number of enquiries from the media regarding the potential legal cases. If you would be interested in talking to the media about this issue please contact our Head of Media Relations, David Standard, by emailing him here.

To get in touch with us about the campaign call 0800 689 4049 or email:vwclaims@leighday.co.uk

2013 Tiguan SE TDI 140 DSG 4motion Java brown, cornsilk leather interior, cruise control, xenons, keyless entry, TPM, rear side airbags, mirror pack, XDS, RNS510 rear view camera retractable tow bar.

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   madscientist

madscientist

myTiguan Pro

• 402 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 SEL 190PS DSG ACC

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:22 PM

I suspect, like me, most people will NOT have a valid claim.  When I bought the car I didn't pay any attention to the NO2 data, and precious little to the CO2 data.  I am getting a new Tiguan in March and the trade in I have received is generous, more than I would have expected. I have suffered no (financial) loss so I have no claim against VW.  Which is as it should be.

Phil

2013 R Line 4motion bluemotion TDI,  177PS manual gearbox, candy white, keyless entry, winter pack, mirror pack, panoramic sun roof, RNS315, lane assist, cruise control, electronic tyre pressure monitor, reversing camera, swivelling towbar, semi-rigid boot mat.

On order, in country (pick up agreed, March 4th so will be a 17 plate)

2017 SEL 4motion TDI, 190PS DSG, white. Options: DCC Dynamic chasis, keyless with full electric tailgate, TPMS, park assist with rear view camera, winter pack,  swivelling towbar.

#10 OFFLINE   DPemberton

DPemberton

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • My Tiguan:2014 Match 2.0TDI 4x4 DSG

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

Here's the link to the summary terms & conditions

https://s3.amazonaws...et_-_9.1.17.pdf

2014 Match 2.0TDI 140PS 4MOTION DSG + Panoramic Roof, Lane Assist & High Beam Assist

#11 OFFLINE   Dad2dogs

Dad2dogs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • My Tiguan:2016 VW TIGUAN S 4 MOTION
  • Where are you located?:United States

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

Air laws in California are ridiculous, Caterpillar does not even make a on Highway diesel engine anymore. They pulled out. I sold my semis when this ca air resource board started because after 32 years in trucking I knew where it was going. These liberals here are gonna vote out there paychecks pretty soon. Then we will see how much they love a little smoke.

#12 ONLINE   NZTIGUAN

NZTIGUAN

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • 4,515 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 TDi auto (second Tig)

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

I see FIAT/Chrysler are the next in the firing line in this debacle. Personally I think that countries should just use a more rigourous acurate test and stop all the law suits. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if VW engineers found it necessary to cheat to achieve the figures then so did every other marque in the world !!! People who are bleating about being lied to by VW etc etc are simply trying to get some free cash !! To suggest buying from another manufacturer will get a different result is rediculous !! One way and another all manufacturers have cheated and will continue to do so if better tests are not developed. Thats the only way if dealing with it IF it actually needs dealing with, which is an entirely different argument !!

Derek
OFROK

zeland-flag-91.gif

OFC member (Old Farts Club)

2xTC member (2 times Tiguan Club)

Alexandra
New Zealand
http://www.alexandra.co.nz/
2013, night blue, TDi, auto 6sp, park assist 2, RCD 510, Bluetooth, auto wipers, auto headlights, fogs, tow pack.

#13 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • 2,518 posts
  • My Tiguan:Mk1 Match DSG TDI Full Leather

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

I wonder how much VW saved by cheating, given how much motor manufacturers spend on research and engineering. I wouldn't mind betting that all the fines they get will be small change compared to the savings the cheats made IMHO.

Mick

2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match with Full cornsilk leather, Winter pack, Storage pack, 230v inverter, RNS 510 Sat/Nav, RVC, 9W7 B/T unit, Cruse Control, Dual Climate Control, MFSW, Running boards, Modified mud flaps (all round,) Slash cut chrome exhaust tips, Chrome reverse light surrounds, Chrome front fog light surround, Chrome tailgate trim, Polished stainless steel sill covers, Chrome light switch bezel, Four door puddle lights, Chrome seat switches, Brushed stainless steel side flashes, Power folding mirrors and puddle lights.

2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG

Member of the  OFC

#14 OFFLINE   tricky

tricky

myTiguan Pro

• 350 posts
  • My Tiguan:Match 177 DSG 4M nimbus grey

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

I think the cheat wasn't to make saving; rather it was to get an engine suitable for the US regulations, as they were desperate to expand the US market and failing. Agreed it's come back to bite them in spades, far more I think than the increased market earned them!

OFC ®

Richard, Thatcham, Berks, UK.

Tiguan Match 177ps DSG 4motion, nimbus grey, with loads of goodies

Previously 2012 Passat SE 140ps DSG in iron grey (odd name as it looks blue)

#15 OFFLINE   Unitdflyier

Unitdflyier

myTiguan Pro

• 520 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 Tiguan SE TDI

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:39 PM

I remember the ads in the US. VW was clang clean diesel technology and was putting coffee filters over the exhaust of old cars and new cars. The VW came out almost completely clean. They kept claiming it was a revolution a bit like catalytic converted were. But how could anything capture NO2? Even if it did eventually you would have to remove it or convert it to something else, matter cannot just disappear forever. 

Anyway in Europe now we face bans in many cities on diesel engines and a charge to enter towns in others. I was told it is only worth £12k. Only just turned 4 with 21k miles on the clock in pristine condition, and so many options on it. Shame but I am never owning another VW again.

With all the pollution alerts on TV from China to London already in 2017 it won't be long before all internal combustion engines are banned. I have decided to buy a Tesla and probably just keep mine as a back up if I need to go further.

Apart from the emissions it has been a good car. I wish I had leased it then I could just hand it back and say not my problem any more.

2013 Tiguan SE TDI 140 DSG 4motion Java brown, cornsilk leather interior, cruise control, xenons, keyless entry, TPM, rear side airbags, mirror pack, XDS, RNS510 rear view camera retractable tow bar.

Posted Image

#16 ONLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 9,607 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 - 2.0T Trendline (S)
  • Where are you located?:Canada

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

My wife and I really like the looks of the Tesla, but our budget doesn't, lol. Based on your mileage it is probably the way to go and as you say things are getting tougher for the internal combustion engine (especially diesels) for ALL major car companies.

Cheers!

OD

Current: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. Pics here >>> http://www.mytiguan....-in-pure-white/ .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: http://www.mytiguan....></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: http://www.mytiguan....-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

OCD_2_zps6lnozllq.jpg
Montreal, Quebec (Canada) canadian.gif Member of the ROFC.

#17 OFFLINE   madscientist

madscientist

myTiguan Pro

• 402 posts
  • My Tiguan:2017 SEL 190PS DSG ACC

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

If I were to have a crystal ball, looking in would reveal:-
a massive increase in renewable electricity supply around the world. Nuclear energy becomes more acceptable because better disposal technologies developed.

oil and coal production massively reduce, despite huge stockpiles of coal.

electricity becomes preferred method of heating and cooking in the developed world

electric battery technology improves significantly

electric cars become the norm, petrol and diesel cars are rare

plus

significant new risks to human health discovered reducing life expectancy down to only 112 years!

Phil

2013 R Line 4motion bluemotion TDI,  177PS manual gearbox, candy white, keyless entry, winter pack, mirror pack, panoramic sun roof, RNS315, lane assist, cruise control, electronic tyre pressure monitor, reversing camera, swivelling towbar, semi-rigid boot mat.

On order, in country (pick up agreed, March 4th so will be a 17 plate)

2017 SEL 4motion TDI, 190PS DSG, white. Options: DCC Dynamic chasis, keyless with full electric tailgate, TPMS, park assist with rear view camera, winter pack,  swivelling towbar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users