Hi there ...
... I know engine oil has been covered in these forums but I'm struggling to find consistency.
We bought Tigger yesterday, with 41,300km on the clock. Oil light came on this afternoon. Brilliant. Checked oil - quite low. Didn't want to use the oil the bloke in the servo said in case it was wrong (left manual at home!) Noticed the last 3 services have used (Valvoline) Synsomething 5W30.
- Do I have to use the same brand - Valvoline - to top up (can you mix)?
- The manual says VW 502 00 for time/km based services but I keep seeing 504 on these forums - which is it?
- Why wouldn't Midas use Castrol if it's recommend by VW (and emblazoned on the oil filler cap)?
- What's the best oil to use (here's where the inconsistency comes in)? I'm thinking Castrol Edge or Shell Helix from what I've read - and why do some people say 5W40 - is that for US models?
- Any other advice gratefully accepted!
Cheers ~ Mike