8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hughiemac

Hughiemac

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 - Tiguan Match - 4motion
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

Hi, just to let you all know I've just has cruise control fitted at Beadles VW in Dartford for £310, which I thought was a good price. I did check previous posts and other web sites prior to booking.

Is there anything I should check which may / could have gone wrong with this fitting.

As part of their service for fitting cruise control they did a check and came up with a query - warning lamps   "events stored in infortainment system for aerials" does anyone know what that means, I'll get it fixed hopefully under warranty with the next service and MOT in Dec.

H

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 10:55 PM

#2 OFFLINE   Beagler

Beagler

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • 1,259 posts
  • My Tiguan:Tiguan SEL 2ltr TSi

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hi, just to let you all know I've just has cruise control fitted at Beadles VW in Dartford for £310, which I thought was a good price. I did check previous posts and other web sites prior to booking.

Is there anything I should check which may / could have gone wrong with this fitting.

As part of their service for fitting cruise control they did a check and came up with a query - warning lamps   "events stored in infortainment system for aerials" does anyone know what that means, I'll get it fixed hopefully under warranty with the next service and MOT in Dec.

H

I had some faults comee up when scanned with vcds probably done while fitting cc. Just cleared em and it as ok after.
New in Sept 2016, SEL , DSG, 2ltr TSi, 180ps, Tungsten Silver, Vienna Leather Black, Discover DVD nav pro, Dynaudio Exite sound pack, Keyless Entry, Head up Display, Elec Tyre Monitor, Progressive Power Steering, Retractable Tow Bar, Park Assist with rear view camera, Mats, Mudflaps. Door Trims , 5yr Warranty.

UK, Lancashire
Interests, Christian, Guitar.
( Everything goes to Entropy.... in this world)

#3 OFFLINE   capers1962

capers1962

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • My Tiguan:2009 TDI SE (140bhp)

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

Hi,

I thought this worthy of adding to this section.

I have just collected my 2009 SE back from Parkway @ Northampton who fitted cruse control for the very reasonable price of £195.00 (inc vat)

I was gob-smacked when they quoted, so I didn't hesitate .....

Oh how I love CC on my cars - this was the only car I have had in a long time that didn't have CC fitted when I bought it.

Also washed the cleaned the car inside & out ...... bargain!

Current - 2009 Tiguan 2.0 TDi SE: 4Motion: 6 speed manual in Silver

2006 Swift Challenger 520 SE

#4 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • 2,518 posts
  • My Tiguan:Mk1 Match DSG TDI Full Leather

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit this style of CC stalk to the Mk1 style Tigs.

http://www.ebay.co.u...sd=272281993981

I know that the steering wheel shroud would need to be modified and the donor car would have to be an estate (rear wipers.)  I found that this style switch gave me far more features than the standard switch including increase/decrease speed in 5 mph or 1 mph increments, ease of setting and overriding CC and reduce the risk of applying indicators whilst altering CC as it's a completely separate switch. There again it could be a far more complicated modification than would justify the gains unless you were about to upgrade to CC from scratch. Just thought I would chuck it out there and see what the real brains on this forum think.

Mick

2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match with Full cornsilk leather, Winter pack, Storage pack, 230v inverter, RNS 510 Sat/Nav, RVC, 9W7 B/T unit, Cruse Control, Dual Climate Control, MFSW, Running boards, Modified mud flaps (all round,) Slash cut chrome exhaust tips, Chrome reverse light surrounds, Chrome front fog light surround, Chrome tailgate trim, Polished stainless steel sill covers, Chrome light switch bezel, Four door puddle lights, Chrome seat switches, Brushed stainless steel side flashes, Power folding mirrors and puddle lights.

2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG

Member of the  OFC

#5 ONLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • 1,031 posts
  • My Tiguan:Sport TDI auto 2009
  • Where are you located?:Portugal

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

Yes it can.

But all the ones I saw was changing to B7 which require changing steering module.

#6 OFFLINE   mickjane2

mickjane2

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • 2,518 posts
  • My Tiguan:Mk1 Match DSG TDI Full Leather

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

Yes it can.

But all the ones I saw was changing to B7 which require changing steering module.

Thanks Ruben, I may well look into this mod in the near future.

Mick

2010 Black 2.0 TDI DSG, 4Motion, Match with Full cornsilk leather, Winter pack, Storage pack, 230v inverter, RNS 510 Sat/Nav, RVC, 9W7 B/T unit, Cruse Control, Dual Climate Control, MFSW, Running boards, Modified mud flaps (all round,) Slash cut chrome exhaust tips, Chrome reverse light surrounds, Chrome front fog light surround, Chrome tailgate trim, Polished stainless steel sill covers, Chrome light switch bezel, Four door puddle lights, Chrome seat switches, Brushed stainless steel side flashes, Power folding mirrors and puddle lights.

2010 Black EOS SE 140 TDI DSG

Member of the  OFC

#7 OFFLINE   DPG

DPG

• 171 posts
  • My Tiguan:2013 R Line 177 4Mo DSG

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:53 AM

That's not bad at all.

VW couldn't fit cruise to my 2010 Sport for some reason and it cost £400 to fit to my 2013 R line.

It's a lot of money but I use it daily so worth it
2013 TDI 177 R Line 4Motion DSG

#8 OFFLINE   Spacewalker

Spacewalker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • My Tiguan:CFGC
  • Where are you located?:Poland

Posted Today, 10:11 AM

this is my lates DIY project 

CCS via MFSW like Golf 7 

#9 ONLINE   n4s

n4s

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • 1,031 posts
  • My Tiguan:Sport TDI auto 2009
  • Where are you located?:Portugal

Posted Today, 09:52 PM

Mr spacewalker, please, don't play with us "common mortals"... 😀

If I remember correctly that is ACC (forgetting the fact that sharan steering). Always a pleasure to see your work.

Question, sw180 in module 16?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users