5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Grrinsman

Grrinsman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • My Tiguan:Looking at 2016 SEL

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:03 AM

Hello Members,

I have just signed up to the forum. I will be purchasing either a 2016 Tig. SEL or a 2016 CR-V Touring. I am looking for some help on deciding which vehicle to purchase. This vehicle will be primarily used by my 19 yr old daughter ( away at college ). Any words of advice pertaining to which vehicle and why will be greatly appreciated.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 03:28 AM

#2 OFFLINE   shawng

shawng

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 4,312 posts
  • My Tiguan:2010 Highline (CAN)
  • Where are you located?:Canada
  • Additional Location Information::Ottawa

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

First question I would ask is who is paying for maintenance? If she is taking it with her as implied, I would recommend the Honda. Cost of maintenance would be lower. Personally I dislike the CR-V, but I have customers in similar situations and would recommend the same to them. 

Shawn
2010 Tiguan, 2007 Golf, 1928 Chev AB National
Owner of an independent auto repair and performance shop.

#3 OFFLINE   Old Dog

Old Dog

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 10,007 posts
  • My Tiguan:2015 - 2.0T Trendline (S)
  • Additional Location Information::Montreal, Quebec

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:32 PM

First question I would ask is who is paying for maintenance? If she is taking it with her as implied, I would recommend the Honda. Cost of maintenance would be lower. Personally I dislike the CR-V, but I have customers in similar situations and would recommend the same to them. 

What about the HR-V Shawn? Same opinion?

Current: 2015 Trendline 4MOTION dressed in Pure White with Convenience Package. Pics here >>> http://www.mytiguan....-in-pure-white/ .
Previous: 2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package.
The Tiggy Map of the World: http://www.zeemaps.c...&y=-1.4061&z=15
How to add yourself to the Tiggy Map: http://www.mytiguan....></span></span>
VCDS Members' Locator Map: https://www.zeemaps....=53.883275&z=15

Glossary of Abbreviations: http://www.mytiguan....-abbreviations/

"I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like five or six times, you know, just to be sure."

OCD_2_zps6lnozllq.jpg
Montreal, Quebec (Canada) canadian.gif Member of the ROFC.

#4 OFFLINE   shawng

shawng

myTiguan Master

• Administrators
  • 4,312 posts
  • My Tiguan:2010 Highline (CAN)
  • Additional Location Information::Ottawa

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:35 PM

The point is non-turbo for the college student. 

Shawn
2010 Tiguan, 2007 Golf, 1928 Chev AB National
Owner of an independent auto repair and performance shop.

#5 OFFLINE   Dad2dogs

Dad2dogs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • My Tiguan:2016 VW TIGUAN S 4 MOTION
  • Where are you located?:United States
  • Additional Location Information::united states of america

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:37 AM

Let us know which way you decided. Ipersonally checked out the crv,hrv and the ford escape as well as all the mazdas. I ended up with the vw as it was the last one i test drove. The gear shifts on the automatic were flawless compared to the others vehicles, and the power was outstanding for this car.  And even with some other cars boasting more power i just didnt feel it, so to speak.  So as this being my first vw i hope it serves me well. As i tend to keep my cars at least 8 to 10 years. Some longer as i just sold a 2001 landrover purchased new.

#6 OFFLINE   Beagler

Beagler

myTiguan Master

• My Tiguan Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • My Tiguan:Tiguan SEL 2ltr TSi
  • Where are you located?:United Kingdom
  • Additional Location Information::Lancashire

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:55 AM

I looked at the Crv prior to Tig. I didnt like the interior. I thought the layout was poor and the quality of plastic was poor. I had one in 2009 and had all sorts of problems.

Year 1 - had new brake shims because of squeal. Year 2 peddle box regreased due to vibration also modified new clutch master cylinder. Year 3 new Dual mass flywheel and clutch because of clutch pedal vibration. New seal on rear tailgate above number plate. Differential wash due to diff vibe. The final straw was water ingress into car ( got a gallon of water out from front and rear, eventually found to be the bulkhead joint just below the windscreen.
New in Sept 2016, SEL , AWD, DSG, 2ltr TSi, 180ps, Tungsten Silver, Vienna Leather Black, Discover DVD nav pro, Dynaudio Exite sound pack, Keyless Entry, Head up Display, Elec Tyre Monitor, Progressive Power Steering, Retractable Tow Bar, Park Assist with rear view camera, Mats, Mudflaps. Door Trims , 5yr Warranty.

UK, Blackburn Lancashire
Interests, Christian, Guitar.
( Everything goes to Entropy.... in this world)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users