VW Tiguan Forum banner

My Tiguan R line in Black

17K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  Gtime 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi folks

Finally picked up my Tiguan yesterday after a horrible 20 hour return trip.
Left my home in Aberdeenshire in my Focus RS at just after 2am Friday morning and headed the 400 mile journey to Wigan to pick up my Tiguan. Was very excited to pick it up and was told on the Thursday evening the car would be ready for my arrival at about 8.30am on the Friday morning.
I finally arrived in Wigan after just 1 fuel stop in the ford I've attached a picture and was sat down by the salesman and told there was bad news,they decided that the timing belt and water pump on the tig should be changed before I take it home ( good in one way as that would have cost me a few quid,but bad the fact that the mechanic just started the job at 8am and I was told it would be an hour or so wait for the car, I am no stranger to working on cars and I know this isn't an hours work) I sat in a showroom until 12pm when the salesman told me the cars was completed and now they had to give it a clean :( so I sat for another hour or so until the car was finished...

th_imagejpg5.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
Finally the tig was ready and I got my first look at it in person :)

I was very happy bar the garage told me there would be a full tank of fuel in the car for me and there was only 60 miles on the range by that time I had had enough and just headed home with a smile on my face as the tig drove very well :)

Attachments

#3 ·
There was a huge difference compared to the focus obviously but the tig is just what me and my wife were needing, with a our first child arriving in July :)

So I started my 400mile journey home and all I can say it what a good car it is,suspension is great firm and no body roll like I was concerned about, steering is very responsive and the build quality is brilliant especially coming from a ford

Attachments

#4 ·
I eventually got home at 9am last night and I was shattered but loved every mile in the tig :) I'm very happy with it. As soon as I got home I plugged in VCDS for the first time to have a look. I tried activating staging but my clocks must be the older type as all I recieve is an error :(
I'll have a look at the things I can to with VCDS at a later date

So I woke up this morning to give the Tiguan a well deserved wash after its hike up the road here
I must have lost a centre cap on the way home last night gutted so I'll have to source one from somewhere

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
So done a couple of things to it today. Changed the sidelights to LED canbus safe so not had any errors
Changed the bad dealer number plates and replaced with my own ones removed the dealer sticker from the rear window
And fitted stainless sill plates got heaps to do to it over the coming months

Attachments

#7 ·
Looks fantastic - welcome aboard. It was a double edge sword of a trip by the sounds of it but fair play to the garage for doing the work. At least you got a decent first run in it.

Reactions: T21rje
#8 ·
Looks great ! Where did you get the s/s scuff plates from if you don't mind me asking?Mine are quite scratched on the drivers side (guess they were doing their job protecting the car)and VW quoted over £100 just to supply ones like the originals that came fitted to the car, which are a different design/shape to yours.
Happy driving and good luck with the other new arrival!

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Looks great & welcome! Massive change from the RS - was it standard or had you tweaked it?

#10 ·
Tig looks great. Enjoy!!

#11 ·
Looks great ! Where did you get the s/s scuff plates from if you don't mind me asking?Mine are quite scratched on the drivers side (guess they were doing their job protecting the car)and VW quoted over £100 just to supply ones like the originals that came fitted to the car, which are a different design/shape to yours.
Happy driving and good luck with the other new arrival!
Hi there thanks mine didn't come with any and the original paint was getting quite scratched so I ordered from eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201002725748 this is the exact listing you can get different designs too, I reccomend the guy and they are a perfect fit 37 quid if I remember :)

#12 ·
Looks great & welcome! Massive change from the RS - was it standard or had you tweaked it?
Your right a huge change from the RS yeah it was tweaked was 400/400 last time on the dyno in August. Lots of work done but I stripped 90% of the parts off the car but left the exhaust from cat back it was some machine but I got a great last drive down to Wigan in it the longest its drove in 1 go in my ownership and the 4th time it had seen a Tarmac this year lol I never got much of a chance to drive it sat in the garage most of the time but prices have went up on the car in the last 12 months and I actually made money in 2.5 years of ownership and that has never happened to me before. I will get another one some day :)

#13 ·
They are a nice motor and I always like the look of them but I just can't tear myself away from having a convertible - even the Tig had to have a roof that opened :p

#16 ·
Just a little update I've now covered around 900 miles in the tig and has been a pleasure the car is now filthy because of the state of the roads up here (lots of salt) so will be getting a well deserved wash this weekend.
My only issue with the car is that it's so slow! I know it's a heavy car and with the 4wd would slow it down a little bit just seems to lack in the power department I know it would never be a flying machine but with a little bit more power it could make overtaking easier and safer I guess. The 140bhp just doesn't have enough poke so I'm going to look in to one of the tuning box's on the market. Thought about a remap but hearing you have to get the ecu removed from the car for this to be done has put me off this idea.I used the blue fin on my wife's astra 1.9cdti 150 and what a difference it made! Has any one got any experience with the dt uk tuning box or the tdi tuning box?
Gains looks impressive and it's completely removable at any point
I have heard there quite safe to use also

Thanks

Rich

#18 ·
Anything is going to feel slow when you have come from a Focus RS with 400 bhp :p

The DTUK tuning boxes have got good reviews and are simple to connect & remove if you didn't want it on display at service time :twoup:

#20 ·
I would suspect all mapping companies are using the same injection vector rather than a company, the same as say jailbreaking. As Revo and I would expect superchips and the like of to be the same.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
#23 ·
I mentioned that post to a dealer and he said he'd never heard of it, told him to check the website and was told that he would have had confirmation from revo themselves if it was available

#24 ·
I mentioned that post to a dealer and he said he'd never heard of it, told him to check the website and was told that he would have had confirmation from revo themselves if it was available
Lol Revo emailed me direct, some of the dealers don't or don't want to move with the time and remember the latter way although it takes longer to do its more money for the dealer as it was additional labour rates included In the price of the map software.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.